New Scientific Method Signs {printable}

February 24, 2012

New Scientific Method Signs {printable}

February 24, 2012
Happy-almost-weekend!!! We have one more day of school and then it’s time for February vacation! I am greatly looking forward to the break. Do you have a vacation coming up soon? I hope so!

So, we just had our annual science fair assembly to kick off everything this year. I have several students who are very excited to participate in the science fair this spring. So, in class, we’ll be going over the scientific method and work on some of our own experiments.

I know I shared some signs last year for the scientific method, but I wanted to share some new ones I made (I felt like changing them up a bit this year…I like the mad scientist aspect to them). The clipart is by Maree Truelove and so cute! This one is my students’ favorite…

They’re pretty simple, but you know I like my signs like that!

I’m sorry I don’t have more pictures. I took them, but somehow managed to take several awful, blurry photos. I feel like I’m all over the place this week (we’ve been testing since Tuesday).

If you’d like to download the file, just hop down to the green link below. I would love to hear if they are something you can use!

And…do you have any time off coming up? If so, when? If not, I’m sorry!! I feel like we should all have the same vacations so we can catch up on our blogging together! Which is what I plan on doing next week. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Scientific Method Signs

• Kelley Cirrito February 24, 2012 at 2:13 am

Hey Miss Kristen! I finally got a chance to do your descriptive language activity. We have had 3 short weeks in a row, field trips, parties, and assemblies! My students were completely hooked on the story Owl Moon and listening for "language that paints a picture in our head!" Thanks so much for always sharing such great ideas! Have a good Friday!

• Janaye February 24, 2012 at 3:02 am

Very cute, Kristen! Love it!! 🙂

• Andrea February 24, 2012 at 3:58 am

Thank you for sharing!! I can't wait to use these, I always do fun science experiments on Thursdays every week!

Andrea
    Cheers to School

• Ms.M February 24, 2012 at 4:58 am

Just in time for our Science fair. Thanks, they are super adorable.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• ~Stephanie February 24, 2012 at 5:01 am

So cute! Thanks for creating these for us 🙂

~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

• Jenn Bates February 24, 2012 at 6:28 am

LOVE these! I am on break right now and it is almost over..boo hooo, I need another week!
    Jenn
    Finally in First

• Kate February 24, 2012 at 10:39 pm

These are so cute!! My kids will love them!! Thanks so much!

☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

• Miss Foote February 24, 2012 at 11:33 pm

You could not have picked a better time to post this! Into inquiry next week!

Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

• Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright February 25, 2012 at 12:36 am

Love these! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Lisa 🙂
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

• Kristin February 25, 2012 at 5:53 am

These are great!! Thank you for sharing!
    Spring Break is the last week of March and the first week of April for us. It's coming!!! I can see it!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

• Amanda February 26, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I love your posters! I don't teach Science at the moment, but I am filing this away for the future. After all, I have twenty-nine more years to go! 🙂

• Mrs. Coe February 28, 2012 at 4:52 am

OM~gosh… I am in LOVE with these. I am going to share a link to this post for my readers to come and grab this! You are so darn fabulous! Spring Break March 12th!

• Mrs. Coe March 3, 2012 at 4:57 am

Ok, I wrote the post and linked to your from my science blog! You are the best…ever!

• Tim and Heather July 15, 2012 at 1:18 am

I teach 9th grade biology and I Lo-oo-ove these! Thank you for creating and even more for sharing! 🙂

• Custom colors in Google Drive!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, there have been custom colors in there for a long time now...but there’s an updated layout that makes choosing colors even easier!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀To try it out, head into docs, slides, or sheets. Click on the color menu and you’ll see a cleaner look (side note, LOVE the circles instead of squares!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Click on the + under “custom”. There you will find two sliding scales to choose your favorites colors. The first is “hue” at the bottom.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then comes the fun part.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After choosing a hue, slide around to find your ideal shade...so many to choose from!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it gets better.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you’ve selected the exact shade you like, the selector tool will remain in place...this means you can slide through the hues while maintaining a consistent shade! MUCH easier than before!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this updated feature yet? I hope this is of help of you didn’t! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Took a moment to note which books I owned and which ones I will need to borrow this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If it’s available in our school, I noted it with “library”...if it’s a book my sister or a friend owns, I wrote “borrow”.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is something I did last year my old book tracker and it really did help when I was planning for the next week.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you’d like to see more about the Read Aloud Tracker, the link is in my profile.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I finally finished my Read Aloud Tracker and I can’t stop adding books...I’m at 114 so far!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I’m so excited because I know this will help me keep on track with my daily picture book read alouds this year! Last year we read over a hundred books (about 120!)...but I really fell off track when I got caught up with planning, grading, testing, and all of those busy teacherly things. I even forgot which titles we had already read at times! So this will definitely help me plan read alouds more efficiently.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The tracker stores titles alphabetically and keeps a count of how many books are in your collection, as well as a tally of books read so far (swipe to see more).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I listed this resource in my store...please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more or go to bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A sneak peek of something I’ve been working on to manage our daily read alouds this year...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀More to come soon!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachingreading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Thanks to everyone who shared their favorite google fonts yesterday!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I put together a doc of 55 Favorite Teacher Fonts for us to share...if you click the link in my profile, you can get a copy for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you open this doc, you can select any new fonts you’d like to try. If you copy and paste them into a new google doc, the fonts will automatically be added to your menu...no searching and adding necessary!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Thank you again to everyone for sharing your awesome font finds! I hope this is of help for some of you looking for new fonts!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/FavoriteGoogleFonts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have a favorite Google font? Or several? If you would like to share in the comments below, I’d love to make a list and save it in my highlights for you to refer to later this summer.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you visit my profile now, you will see a Google fonts highlight with the steps to find new fonts for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorites?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My go-to for everything is Century Gothic. For script I love Clicker Script and for bold titles my favorite is Oswald Bold (in uppercase!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlefonts #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram