New Scientific Method Signs {printable}

February 24, 2012

New Scientific Method Signs {printable}

February 24, 2012
Happy-almost-weekend!!! We have one more day of school and then it’s time for February vacation! I am greatly looking forward to the break. Do you have a vacation coming up soon? I hope so!

So, we just had our annual science fair assembly to kick off everything this year. I have several students who are very excited to participate in the science fair this spring. So, in class, we’ll be going over the scientific method and work on some of our own experiments.

I know I shared some signs last year for the scientific method, but I wanted to share some new ones I made (I felt like changing them up a bit this year…I like the mad scientist aspect to them). The clipart is by Maree Truelove and so cute! This one is my students’ favorite…

They’re pretty simple, but you know I like my signs like that!

I’m sorry I don’t have more pictures. I took them, but somehow managed to take several awful, blurry photos. I feel like I’m all over the place this week (we’ve been testing since Tuesday).

If you’d like to download the file, just hop down to the green link below. I would love to hear if they are something you can use!

And…do you have any time off coming up? If so, when? If not, I’m sorry!! I feel like we should all have the same vacations so we can catch up on our blogging together! Which is what I plan on doing next week. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Scientific Method Signs

• Kelley Cirrito February 24, 2012 at 2:13 am

Hey Miss Kristen! I finally got a chance to do your descriptive language activity. We have had 3 short weeks in a row, field trips, parties, and assemblies! My students were completely hooked on the story Owl Moon and listening for "language that paints a picture in our head!" Thanks so much for always sharing such great ideas! Have a good Friday!

• Janaye February 24, 2012 at 3:02 am

Very cute, Kristen! Love it!! 🙂

• Andrea February 24, 2012 at 3:58 am

Thank you for sharing!! I can't wait to use these, I always do fun science experiments on Thursdays every week!

Andrea
    Cheers to School

• Ms.M February 24, 2012 at 4:58 am

Just in time for our Science fair. Thanks, they are super adorable.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• ~Stephanie February 24, 2012 at 5:01 am

So cute! Thanks for creating these for us 🙂

~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

• Jenn Bates February 24, 2012 at 6:28 am

LOVE these! I am on break right now and it is almost over..boo hooo, I need another week!
    Jenn
    Finally in First

• Kate February 24, 2012 at 10:39 pm

These are so cute!! My kids will love them!! Thanks so much!

☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

• Miss Foote February 24, 2012 at 11:33 pm

You could not have picked a better time to post this! Into inquiry next week!

Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

• Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright February 25, 2012 at 12:36 am

Love these! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Lisa 🙂
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

• Kristin February 25, 2012 at 5:53 am

These are great!! Thank you for sharing!
    Spring Break is the last week of March and the first week of April for us. It's coming!!! I can see it!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

• Amanda February 26, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I love your posters! I don't teach Science at the moment, but I am filing this away for the future. After all, I have twenty-nine more years to go! 🙂

• Mrs. Coe February 28, 2012 at 4:52 am

OM~gosh… I am in LOVE with these. I am going to share a link to this post for my readers to come and grab this! You are so darn fabulous! Spring Break March 12th!

• Mrs. Coe March 3, 2012 at 4:57 am

Ok, I wrote the post and linked to your from my science blog! You are the best…ever!

• Tim and Heather July 15, 2012 at 1:18 am

I teach 9th grade biology and I Lo-oo-ove these! Thank you for creating and even more for sharing! 🙂

• Do you and your colleagues use a team drive in school?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My teammate set one up for us last year and it is the best! We can store all of our standards, assessments, field trip forms, lesson ideas...so many things to keep us all on track.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The only part I don’t love?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀There’s no option to color code folders the way you can in your personal google drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But...there is a different way to make the folders stand out and easy to find! I just added an emoji to each one to make everything a little more visual.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It’s really easy to do and it adds a little pop of color to make those gray folders easier to navigate! I put the link to an emoji site in my profile, in case you’d like to try this on your computer (https://emojipedia.org).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Sharing some google fonts that would make awesome titles for different units!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The name for each font is in parentheses. To add the fonts to your docs and slides go to font, choose “more fonts...”, type in the name of the font you would like, select it, and then click ok!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Would you like to find more fun google fonts? If you go to the google fonts site you can search over 900 different fonts for your drive! I added the link to the site in my profile if you’d like to try it out (https://fonts.google.com).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorite fonts for titles in google? Mine is Oswald Bold!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googlefonts #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Using Google Slides for field trip groups this week!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is was one of those 🤦‍♀️ moments for me this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀In the past, I would ALWAYS fly into work on the day of a field trip and frantically write chaperone names and student groups on the whiteboard...while thinking of all the other things I had to do that morning before we left. Very stressful.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This year, I started setting up a Google slide with my chaperone names and student groups the night before. I just add a little photo of our destination for interest, then make squares for “sticky notes” with all of the group information.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This saves so much time on the morning of the field trip...I just turn on the tv and display the slide for my students (and parents!) as they come into class. It frees me up for other last minute details I need to do before we leave...and it spares my chaperones from my awful writing on the board!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Slightly related: the second pic is our destination this week and it is usually a blast to see my city kids in the forest!! But it’s supposed to be 36 degrees and raining that day, uggghhhhh.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀How do you like to organize your field trips? Do you have any tips we can learn from you?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #googleslides #googledrive #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Mother’s Day trinket trays!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This was such a fun and easy project! I found several tutorials on Pinterest for this craft. We used mason jar lids (two for each student...and they could make them for anyone they would like to celebrate: mothers, grandmothers, aunts, fathers).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We painted the outer and inner rims of the lids. Then we traced a template and cut out circles of scrapbook paper to place inside the bottom of the mason jar lid.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀SO easy and my students were really proud of their gifts for their families!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Please swipe if you’d like to see more of their designs...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#mothersdaycraft #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • The best thing I have done for myself this school year?Well, it’s really thanks to my sister @fashioncrazelearningdays. We were on spring break and she suggested deleting our gmail apps on our phones, so we wouldn’t be tempted to check work email while on vacation.And I felt so free!! I mean, I feel like I am CONSTANTLY checking my work email...in line at the grocery store, waiting for dinner to finish cooking, right before I go to sleep (never good to do that).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So even though I’m back from break, I’ve left my app off of my phone. I check my email frequently at school and throughout the evening when I work on my computer.But it’s such a relief to know when I power off my laptop, the email checking is done for the day too.It helps wrap up a work day that could truly never end...and I know you all know what I mean!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Is this something you already do? Do you have any ways you like to make the job have an ending each day? Please share with us!#teacherselfcare #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Google Drive shortcuts!!! Ok, this one is really awesome.So it turns out there are a ton of shortcuts to save you time when navigating through your docs! If you click on a doc in your Drive, then use one of the keyboard shortcuts, it will get you moving, creating, and sharing even faster!Here are a few examples:You can click enter or o to open your doc, p to preview it before opening, . to share, and n to rename!! (These are my faves!). To access all of the shortcuts, head to the gear at the top right hand side of your Drive. Then choose “keyboard shortcuts” and you can see all the keys you can use to save time!What’s your favorite Google Drive shortcut?#google #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram