Student Information Sheet {printable}

January 7, 2012

Student Information Sheet {printable}

January 7, 2012
Hi! This is kind of a continuation of a previous post on some New Student Organization I use.

As I mentioned last time, I work with a very transient population.

And I found out many of you do as well! So I hope this is something that may be of use to you. 🙂

I made this sheet to help keep track of all of my students over the year. (I really do forget when certain students arrived and when others left!). So I wanted to have those dates recorded.

I added some other important information as well. I know I can look these items up on my students’ cumulative files, but this saves me time and a trip to the office. Plus I need this information a lot during the year, for ELL paperwork.

I put two student boxes to a sheet, in efforts to save some paper…

And will add this to my All-in-One Teacher Binder (which has helped me a LOT this year!). I have a part for “language” next to “entered from” on mine, since my guys are almost always coming directly from their countries. I left that off of this one…let me know if any of you would like the ELL version instead.

I hope it’s open-ended enough for you to use, or something you can adapt for yourself. I would love to hear if you can use it! Have a relaxing evening! 🙂

Student Information Sheet
Student Information Sheet (ELL Version)

• Clutter-Free Classroom January 7, 2012 at 9:31 pm

How many kids do you have typically come or go in a year?

❤Jodi from…
    ★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
    Helping Teachers Get Organized

• Crayons and Curls January 7, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Thank you for sharing! 🙂
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

• sydney January 7, 2012 at 10:13 pm

thanks for this…it will come in handy! Can you tell me how made your pdf a jpg?

• Kristen January 7, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Hey Jodi…it varies. Usually when a student moves, another comes in. I've had several years where I look at my class photo from September and it is really different than the end of the year!

Sydney…I just took a screen cap of it when I was in preview mode.

Thanks for the kind words ladies 🙂

• Life in Middle School January 7, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Hey Kristen –

What type of font did you use for the header? I'm love in with that font!

~Lauren

• Sandra January 7, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I would love the ELL version!!! Thanks!

Sweet Times in First

sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

Sandra

• Kate January 7, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I love the font in the header too! Do you remember what it is called? Thanks for sharing this useful resource!
    Kate
    To The Square Inch

• DHockey January 7, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I would love the ELL version. This is the time of year I usually get new ELL students. e-mail is DHockey12@att.net
    Thanks so much

• Jen R. (The Teachers' Cauldron) January 8, 2012 at 1:57 am

wow! this is great – we have a HIGH transient popluation…thanks!
    The Teachers’ Cauldron

• Kristin January 8, 2012 at 2:29 am

Very smart!!!! Thanks for sharing!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

• A Teacher's Treasure January 8, 2012 at 3:00 am

This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

❤ Mor Zrihen from…
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

• Ms.M January 8, 2012 at 5:04 am

What a great idea. I would also love the ELL version.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• Edana January 8, 2012 at 7:56 am

I'd love the ELL version too! Thanks soooo much! This is exactly what I need.

Color Me Kinder

• Beth Ann January 8, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I'll pop it into my binder on Monday. Thanks for sharing!
    ❁Beth Ann❁
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

• Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright January 8, 2012 at 3:01 pm

This is great! Thank you for sharing a wonderful resource that I can use with my very transient population. This will be very helpful 🙂

Lisa 🙂
    Made in the Shade in Second Grade

• Kristen January 8, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Thanks for the lovely comments! I added the ELL Version with a place for languages above, under the other file 🙂

• Cara Whitehead January 8, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I have awarded you The Versatile Blogger award. Please visit http://teachingmycalling.blogspot.com/2012/01/im-one-lucky-blogger.html to claim your award.

• Mrs. Cupcake January 8, 2012 at 11:59 pm

I've given your blog The Versatile Blogger award… if you don't already have it, stop by to pick it up 🙂 Plus I'm having a little 300 follower giveaway!

A Cupcake for the Teacher

• Sophia January 10, 2012 at 5:02 am

Yay! I love it! I will be adding it to my Binder also (another thing you have inspired me to make) Thanks so much!

• Ok, I learned something else new in google docs that I LOVE...even more than default margins!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can set a default font!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So I tend to go with Century Gothic for everything in class...usually paired with a bold font for headings (Oswald is my favorite!). But every time I start a new doc, I have to take the time to make these font changes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, it turns out you can set a default font (and color) of your choice in two simple steps! It can only be one font...but at least it will save some time!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Here are the steps:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀First, open a new doc and type a word with the font/color combo you would like as your default font. Highlight the text you just typed.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then, go to Format > Paragraph Styles > Normal Text > Update 'Normal text' to match.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then go back to the Format menu and choose Paragraph Styles > Options > Save as my default styles. (Swipe to see pics of all these steps if you prefer a visual!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it! Now when you open a new google doc, you will see your favorite font, all ready for you to start designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledocs #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know that you can set default margins in Google Docs? I never realized until the other day!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It drives me CRAZY when I open up a new doc and there's all that extra space at the top! I'm constantly reconfiguring the margins when I make a new doc. But it turns out you can set your favorite margin settings (because everyone has favorite margin settings, right?) and set it as a default.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it’s very easy to do!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Go to File, then Page Setup. Enter the margins you would like, then click the "Set as Default" button.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Your next docs will open with this new setting from now on! Such a time-saver!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀(Am I the only one who didn't know this?) 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledocs #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • "This is so fun!" I got to hear some of my favorite words over and over during math today. And it was all thanks to  @adventuresofmssmith_ and @teachinginroom6!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀These clever ladies shared an awesome idea for solving some mundane math problems (multi-digit multiplication and long division review for us today) while building index card towers!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And the setup was so easy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I made 30 review problems and numbered the cards. Then I highlighted the cards with a quick swipe to color code them (thanks to @teachinginroom6 for the color-coding idea!). The simpler problems were pink and could earn one index card when solved correctly. The more complex problems were yellow and could earn two index cards...and the most difficult problems were green and worth three index cards.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My students worked in small groups and showed me their cards as they solved them. Some showed a couple of cards at a time, others solved everything first before "cashing in" (as they called it 😂).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They were completely engaged and working as teams for the whole math block...it was great! And they are already asking when we can do this again.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#math #iteachmath #multiplication #division #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • How many field trips does your class go on each year?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We go on four (five some years 😬) and field trip season is just starting up now!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I like to keep a checklist of our different trips to keep track of forms, money, and chaperones. I color-code each trip with a different flair pen if the trips are back-to-back (we are visiting our state capital this week and heading to the ymca for water safety next week!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This checklist is from my Instant Checklists resource...it has a hundred lists, ready to go, just enter your students’ names once. Please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more! (http://bit.ly/instantchecklists)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you going on a field trip soon?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #tpt #teacherspayteachers #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I have lost my tv remote about 45,000 times this year. I think it’s due to my compulsive paper stacking tendencies.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But I found a solution!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I got this awesome desktop organizer to hold my remote (and flair pens, phone, stickies, nurse notes...all of the important things!) I found it on Amazon...it’s a STORi desktop organizer and I ❤️ it!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#tryingtostayorganized #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • One of our favorite seating areas...also known as the place I like to eat lunch every day when my students are in the cafeteria 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The chairs and table were donated to our class. Both are by Flash Furniture on Amazon.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is the first year I’ve had a cafe height table and we love it!! Do you have a cafe table in class?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#flexibleseating #classroomdecor #iteachfourth #iteach456 #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram