Student Information Sheet {printable}

January 7, 2012

Student Information Sheet {printable}

January 7, 2012
Hi! This is kind of a continuation of a previous post on some New Student Organization I use.

As I mentioned last time, I work with a very transient population.

And I found out many of you do as well! So I hope this is something that may be of use to you. 🙂

I made this sheet to help keep track of all of my students over the year. (I really do forget when certain students arrived and when others left!). So I wanted to have those dates recorded.

I added some other important information as well. I know I can look these items up on my students’ cumulative files, but this saves me time and a trip to the office. Plus I need this information a lot during the year, for ELL paperwork.

I put two student boxes to a sheet, in efforts to save some paper…

And will add this to my All-in-One Teacher Binder (which has helped me a LOT this year!). I have a part for “language” next to “entered from” on mine, since my guys are almost always coming directly from their countries. I left that off of this one…let me know if any of you would like the ELL version instead.

I hope it’s open-ended enough for you to use, or something you can adapt for yourself. I would love to hear if you can use it! Have a relaxing evening! 🙂

Student Information Sheet
Student Information Sheet (ELL Version)

• Clutter-Free Classroom January 7, 2012 at 9:31 pm

How many kids do you have typically come or go in a year?

❤Jodi from…
    ★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
    Helping Teachers Get Organized

• Crayons and Curls January 7, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Thank you for sharing! 🙂
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

• sydney January 7, 2012 at 10:13 pm

thanks for this…it will come in handy! Can you tell me how made your pdf a jpg?

• Kristen January 7, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Hey Jodi…it varies. Usually when a student moves, another comes in. I've had several years where I look at my class photo from September and it is really different than the end of the year!

Sydney…I just took a screen cap of it when I was in preview mode.

Thanks for the kind words ladies 🙂

• Life in Middle School January 7, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Hey Kristen –

What type of font did you use for the header? I'm love in with that font!

~Lauren

• Sandra January 7, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I would love the ELL version!!! Thanks!

Sweet Times in First

sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

Sandra

• Kate January 7, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I love the font in the header too! Do you remember what it is called? Thanks for sharing this useful resource!
    Kate
    To The Square Inch

• DHockey January 7, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I would love the ELL version. This is the time of year I usually get new ELL students. e-mail is DHockey12@att.net
    Thanks so much

• Jen R. (The Teachers' Cauldron) January 8, 2012 at 1:57 am

wow! this is great – we have a HIGH transient popluation…thanks!
    The Teachers’ Cauldron

• Kristin January 8, 2012 at 2:29 am

Very smart!!!! Thanks for sharing!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

• A Teacher's Treasure January 8, 2012 at 3:00 am

This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

❤ Mor Zrihen from…
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

• Ms.M January 8, 2012 at 5:04 am

What a great idea. I would also love the ELL version.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• Edana January 8, 2012 at 7:56 am

I'd love the ELL version too! Thanks soooo much! This is exactly what I need.

Color Me Kinder

• Beth Ann January 8, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I'll pop it into my binder on Monday. Thanks for sharing!
    ❁Beth Ann❁
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

• Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright January 8, 2012 at 3:01 pm

This is great! Thank you for sharing a wonderful resource that I can use with my very transient population. This will be very helpful 🙂

Lisa 🙂
    Made in the Shade in Second Grade

• Kristen January 8, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Thanks for the lovely comments! I added the ELL Version with a place for languages above, under the other file 🙂

• Cara Whitehead January 8, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I have awarded you The Versatile Blogger award. Please visit http://teachingmycalling.blogspot.com/2012/01/im-one-lucky-blogger.html to claim your award.

• Mrs. Cupcake January 8, 2012 at 11:59 pm

I've given your blog The Versatile Blogger award… if you don't already have it, stop by to pick it up 🙂 Plus I'm having a little 300 follower giveaway!

A Cupcake for the Teacher

• Sophia January 10, 2012 at 5:02 am

Yay! I love it! I will be adding it to my Binder also (another thing you have inspired me to make) Thanks so much!

• Custom colors in Google Drive!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, there have been custom colors in there for a long time now...but there’s an updated layout that makes choosing colors even easier!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀To try it out, head into docs, slides, or sheets. Click on the color menu and you’ll see a cleaner look (side note, LOVE the circles instead of squares!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Click on the + under “custom”. There you will find two sliding scales to choose your favorites colors. The first is “hue” at the bottom.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then comes the fun part.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After choosing a hue, slide around to find your ideal shade...so many to choose from!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it gets better.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you’ve selected the exact shade you like, the selector tool will remain in place...this means you can slide through the hues while maintaining a consistent shade! MUCH easier than before!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this updated feature yet? I hope this is of help of you didn’t! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Took a moment to note which books I owned and which ones I will need to borrow this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If it’s available in our school, I noted it with “library”...if it’s a book my sister or a friend owns, I wrote “borrow”.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is something I did last year my old book tracker and it really did help when I was planning for the next week.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you’d like to see more about the Read Aloud Tracker, the link is in my profile.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I finally finished my Read Aloud Tracker and I can’t stop adding books...I’m at 114 so far!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I’m so excited because I know this will help me keep on track with my daily picture book read alouds this year! Last year we read over a hundred books (about 120!)...but I really fell off track when I got caught up with planning, grading, testing, and all of those busy teacherly things. I even forgot which titles we had already read at times! So this will definitely help me plan read alouds more efficiently.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The tracker stores titles alphabetically and keeps a count of how many books are in your collection, as well as a tally of books read so far (swipe to see more).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I listed this resource in my store...please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more or go to bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A sneak peek of something I’ve been working on to manage our daily read alouds this year...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀More to come soon!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachingreading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Thanks to everyone who shared their favorite google fonts yesterday!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I put together a doc of 55 Favorite Teacher Fonts for us to share...if you click the link in my profile, you can get a copy for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you open this doc, you can select any new fonts you’d like to try. If you copy and paste them into a new google doc, the fonts will automatically be added to your menu...no searching and adding necessary!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Thank you again to everyone for sharing your awesome font finds! I hope this is of help for some of you looking for new fonts!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/FavoriteGoogleFonts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have a favorite Google font? Or several? If you would like to share in the comments below, I’d love to make a list and save it in my highlights for you to refer to later this summer.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you visit my profile now, you will see a Google fonts highlight with the steps to find new fonts for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorites?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My go-to for everything is Century Gothic. For script I love Clicker Script and for bold titles my favorite is Oswald Bold (in uppercase!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlefonts #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram