Sneak peek of my new blog!!!

January 9, 2012

Sneak peek of my new blog!!!

January 9, 2012
Ok, it’s a bit rough around the edges–but I’ve been dying to share my new blog with you guys!! I decided awhile back to move my blog designs to a new site…

I was thinking that “Ladybug Teaching Resources” didn’t really fit with the idea of blog designs (I didn’t know I would be designing blogs when I made the blog at that time!).

Sooo…I moved to a new name and a new address. It’s Bitten By the Blog Bug (I wanted to have a little nod to Ladybug, since that’s where I started out!). If you’d like, you can visit it by clicking on the image below.

Please don’t worry about following, especially if you already have a design you’re happy with. But I would love to hear what you think, because I respect your opinions so much!

Thanks for reading, thanks for checking it out if you have a chance, and have a wonderful week back at school!

• Gladys January 9, 2012 at 12:54 am

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Your new designs! So pretty!

Gladys

• Ms. Rachel January 9, 2012 at 12:59 am

Love it! so cute!

• Malarie January 9, 2012 at 1:00 am

Your new blog design is SO cute!

Come say hi over at my blog and enter a gift card giveaway!

• Kelley Cirrito January 9, 2012 at 1:04 am

That is so exciting!! Good luck with your new adventure! Also have a great week at school!!

• laughinbrunette (Jennifer) January 9, 2012 at 1:43 am

Cute!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

• Randi January 9, 2012 at 1:55 am

I follow your new blog! I'm looking for a new custom design now. I can't wait to see more.

Randi @ Teach It With Class
    My TPT Store
    My Facebook Page

• Sandra January 9, 2012 at 1:55 am

Again, I LOVE it! 🙂
    ❤ Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

• MissMcTeacher January 9, 2012 at 1:55 am

Congratulations! I gave you the Versatile Blogger Award! Check out my page to keep it going. http://mcteach5.blogspot.com

• Kristen January 12, 2012 at 10:32 pm

fun-in-first.blogspot.com

• Mrs. Lirette January 9, 2012 at 3:50 am

I love it! You truly have a gift! 🙂

Mary
    Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives

• Ms.M January 9, 2012 at 4:39 am

It's so wonderful. I love it.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• Jena Snowden January 9, 2012 at 4:40 am

So pretty! I love it!

Jena
    1st Grade with Miss Snowden

• Kim January 9, 2012 at 4:50 am

Hi Kristen:
    Wonderful… Just like everything else you do!
    You sure are SO super (DUPER!) talented.

And I am STILL dreaming about circular labels!

Have a great week!

Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

• katieneu January 10, 2012 at 1:54 am

love it! very very cute!!!

• Johanna Tackitt January 11, 2012 at 4:58 am

THANK YOU SOOOOOO much! I just had the best time watching all your videos and WOW you are amazing! I just "fancified" {HA!-not even a word!} my blog and had the best time! Thanks a bunch!

Johanna
    ☏Johanna
    First Grade Fanatic!

• Ok, I learned something else new in google docs that I LOVE...even more than default margins!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can set a default font!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So I tend to go with Century Gothic for everything in class...usually paired with a bold font for headings (Oswald is my favorite!). But every time I start a new doc, I have to take the time to make these font changes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, it turns out you can set a default font (and color) of your choice in two simple steps! It can only be one font...but at least it will save some time!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Here are the steps:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀First, open a new doc and type a word with the font/color combo you would like as your default font. Highlight the text you just typed.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then, go to Format > Paragraph Styles > Normal Text > Update 'Normal text' to match.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then go back to the Format menu and choose Paragraph Styles > Options > Save as my default styles. (Swipe to see pics of all these steps if you prefer a visual!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it! Now when you open a new google doc, you will see your favorite font, all ready for you to start designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledocs #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know that you can set default margins in Google Docs? I never realized until the other day!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It drives me CRAZY when I open up a new doc and there's all that extra space at the top! I'm constantly reconfiguring the margins when I make a new doc. But it turns out you can set your favorite margin settings (because everyone has favorite margin settings, right?) and set it as a default.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it’s very easy to do!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Go to File, then Page Setup. Enter the margins you would like, then click the "Set as Default" button.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Your next docs will open with this new setting from now on! Such a time-saver!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀(Am I the only one who didn't know this?) 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledocs #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • "This is so fun!" I got to hear some of my favorite words over and over during math today. And it was all thanks to  @adventuresofmssmith_ and @teachinginroom6!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀These clever ladies shared an awesome idea for solving some mundane math problems (multi-digit multiplication and long division review for us today) while building index card towers!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And the setup was so easy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I made 30 review problems and numbered the cards. Then I highlighted the cards with a quick swipe to color code them (thanks to @teachinginroom6 for the color-coding idea!). The simpler problems were pink and could earn one index card when solved correctly. The more complex problems were yellow and could earn two index cards...and the most difficult problems were green and worth three index cards.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My students worked in small groups and showed me their cards as they solved them. Some showed a couple of cards at a time, others solved everything first before "cashing in" (as they called it 😂).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They were completely engaged and working as teams for the whole math block...it was great! And they are already asking when we can do this again.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#math #iteachmath #multiplication #division #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • How many field trips does your class go on each year?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We go on four (five some years 😬) and field trip season is just starting up now!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I like to keep a checklist of our different trips to keep track of forms, money, and chaperones. I color-code each trip with a different flair pen if the trips are back-to-back (we are visiting our state capital this week and heading to the ymca for water safety next week!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This checklist is from my Instant Checklists resource...it has a hundred lists, ready to go, just enter your students’ names once. Please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more! (http://bit.ly/instantchecklists)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you going on a field trip soon?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #tpt #teacherspayteachers #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I have lost my tv remote about 45,000 times this year. I think it’s due to my compulsive paper stacking tendencies.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But I found a solution!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I got this awesome desktop organizer to hold my remote (and flair pens, phone, stickies, nurse notes...all of the important things!) I found it on Amazon...it’s a STORi desktop organizer and I ❤️ it!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#tryingtostayorganized #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • One of our favorite seating areas...also known as the place I like to eat lunch every day when my students are in the cafeteria 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The chairs and table were donated to our class. Both are by Flash Furniture on Amazon.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is the first year I’ve had a cafe height table and we love it!! Do you have a cafe table in class?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#flexibleseating #classroomdecor #iteachfourth #iteach456 #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram