New Year’s Writing {printable}

December 19, 2011

New Year’s Writing {printable}

December 19, 2011
This is an oldie that has been refurbished for 2012! I used a graphic organizer like this last year and blew it up to poster size…my students loved working on this when we came back from Christmas break!

(If interested, you can read more about the original file here).

I wanted to update the graphic organizer a bit for the new year. And, of course, to share the file with all of my lovely readers who have stuck with me despite my horrible blogging habits as of late. I am very appreciative of your support and interest…thank you for being so understanding!

Sooo…this graphic organizer can be downloaded via the green link below. Leave me some ladybug love if it’s something you can use…it’ll help me get through this looooong upcoming week, ha!

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday, whether at home with family or in school!! 🙂

New Year’s Graphic Organizer

{Doodle Frame by Miss Tiina at www.misstiina.com}

• Courtney Bartlett December 19, 2011 at 1:04 am

Thank you for sharing! I'm feeling a long week coming up too. Ugh! Hope it passes quickly.

Swimming into Second

• Tara December 19, 2011 at 1:05 am

This is just too cute and a great way to start the new year with the peeps!! Thank you!!

4th Grade Frolics

• Holly December 19, 2011 at 1:14 am

Love, love, love!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. Nice to know I have something for the New Year!

Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

• melissa December 19, 2011 at 1:42 am

thanks kristen! 🙂 awesome…

• Sarah Cooley December 19, 2011 at 1:50 am

I LOVE this! 🙂

• Kim December 19, 2011 at 2:07 am

Hi Kristen:
    Thanks for the cute activity. (Actually, I might use it to organize MY OWN thinking before the kids ever get to see it!)

Also, I wanted you to know that once I knew your name was on the list (Day 2, I think), I voted for you every day on the EduBlog awards page. I love your blog.

You are always so sweet and generous and I wanted you to know that appreciate you!

Happy Holidays,
    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

• Jill December 19, 2011 at 5:48 am

Yay thanks! This is just lovely.

Also I just used your tree frame on my first and second graders Communities test!!!! I hope it will make them happy while they identify rural, suburban, and urban communities tomorrow. Well, at least it will make me happy… haha!

Marvelous Multiagers!

• Jen R. (The Teachers' Cauldron) December 19, 2011 at 10:40 am

Thank you!

♥ Jen Ross
    The Teachers' Cauldron

• Susie December 19, 2011 at 3:30 pm

i love this poster..you do such wonderful things! i am a blog stalker..am thinking about doing my own but not sure how to get it going. thank you for sharing, and i will be thinking about you this week! susie

• Kristen December 20, 2011 at 12:27 am

I'm so excited you guys can use it! Thanks for taking the time to let me know!!

Kim, thank you very, very much for your comment. It was so thoughtful of you–it made me teary to read it! I am heading over your blog to say the same in case you don't read this. Thank you so much!!

Jill, I'm psyched you were able to use the frame! Thanks for telling me 🙂

Susie, best of luck if you end up starting out. I started blogging around this time last year and it has been the greatest experience!

• Anonymous December 20, 2011 at 1:04 am

Thank you for sharing! I plan to do this with my kids first day back from holiday break!

• The Science Penguin December 20, 2011 at 2:23 am

Great idea! I'll have this waiting on their desks when they get back.

• Lindsay December 21, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Thanks for this. It's super cute!!!

Lindsay
    My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher

• 21'st Century Teaching Challenges December 24, 2011 at 10:47 am

What a simple but WONDERFUL idea! I love it. Thank you.

• recessduty December 24, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Love this, perfect for my multi-agers!

• Lisa December 26, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Live Laugh and Love to Learn

• diditeach December 27, 2011 at 2:52 am

Just discovered your blog. Thanks for sharing the New Year's graphic. Love your classroom !

• Jodi Hammond December 27, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Thank you for the New Year's printable!!!! I will do it on Tuesday (yes, Tuesday) 🙁 when we head back. I am enjoying all the things you share and your great ideas. (But, I'm still struggling with the "no teacher desk" concept!

• Mrs. Cockrell December 27, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Thank you so much for sharing! We will be using this to get some good goals together for the new year! 😀

• Chrissy December 28, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Kristin, I love this! I sometimes do a New Year's Resolution activity but like this much better. Thanks so much for all you share. You've really help me develop more in my blog. Happy New Year!
     Chrissy

First Grade Found Me

• Kristen December 29, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I'm so happy you can use this! Thank you for stopping by and for the sweet words 🙂
    Kristen

• Mrs. Lirette January 3, 2012 at 3:34 am

I LOVE this! Thank you so much for sharing! I mentioned your wonderful freebie on my blog:

Mary

• Bubble Toes January 4, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Just so cute! Thanks so much for sharing. I love you site and really appreciate your creative resources and ideas: ). Happy New Year!

• mrsallensclass140 December 20, 2012 at 6:36 pm

thanks so much! great freebie!

• Ms.M from Teachingisagift December 28, 2012 at 2:20 am

I am hosting a HUGE New Year Linky Party at http://teachingisagift.blogspot.ca/2012/12/2013-new-year-linky-party.html. I would like to invite you to come and join the fun. This post looks fantastic and it would be great to share with others! Hope to see you at the party!