CUTEST Post-Its EVER!!!

December 12, 2011

CUTEST Post-Its EVER!!!

December 12, 2011
LOOK! Aren’t these the most gorgeous Post-Its you’ve ever seen?!? I spied them in the midst of some frenzied Christmas shopping today and squeeeed (literally and embarrassingly!). Do you think a Post-It designer is also a teacher-blogger incognito???

Here’s the other (please ignore the shadow, I was so excited to share them with you!):

I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! Anyhow…

I wanted to share the find (please tell me I’m not the only one who would overreact with excitement about these!!)

AND…I think I am finally going to get back on track with blogging! Just finished trimester assessments, report cards, staff holiday party, Christmas shopping, you know. Now, I have the week nice and open for blogging and present-wrapping. YAY!!!! I’ve missed you all so!

So, let me know what you think about the stylin’ stickies and if you’ll be grabbing some too. Or I’d love to just hear how you’re doing, how are things? 🙂

• A Teacher's Treasure December 12, 2011 at 2:51 am

Sad to admit but I get excited about post-its too (among many other school supplies). Very cute shape!

Happy Holidays!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

• Erin December 12, 2011 at 2:51 am

Those are adorable!!! I would have "squeeeeed" too! 🙂

• Ximena December 12, 2011 at 2:58 am

They are awesome! Where did you get them?

• Kristen December 12, 2011 at 2:59 am

glad I'm not alone ladies! Ximena, I got them from Staples 🙂

• Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies December 12, 2011 at 4:05 am

I am obsessed with post it notes and any office supply! Where did you find these?
    ~Lorraine

• Hadar December 12, 2011 at 4:12 am

I just got my staples rewards in the mail! Now I know what to spend it on!! hehehe!

• Tanya Solano December 12, 2011 at 4:16 am

Nope, you're not alone! I get crazy excited over things like this too. I'll be heading to Staples tomorrow on my way home from school, tee-hee-hee. Have a wonderful week!
    ❤Tanya
    Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

• Kim December 12, 2011 at 4:17 am

Oh Kristen:
    I've been known to do a "happy dance" in the aisles of Office Depot–more than once! I LOVE those stickies… and if it wasn't already late, I would be on my way to find them RIGHT NOW!
    Thanks for finding the time to leave that sweet message on my blog the other day. Things are much brighter, thanks to BlogFriends like you!
    Enjoy your stickies and many other happy moments of the season…

Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

• Edana December 12, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I love it!!!

• Tara December 13, 2011 at 12:58 am

Loving those stickies!!!! I love all things cute teacher….post-its, paper clips, magnets, notebooks,….love it all. Those post-its remind me of some of the oh so cute clipart frames I bought from KPM Doodles:)) Glad you are back!!

4th Grade Frolics

• Erika December 13, 2011 at 1:46 am

I love them! I'm going to be on the lookout for sure.
    2B Honey Bunch

• Ms.M December 13, 2011 at 5:50 am

Oooo, I'd love some of these! I am a Post-it fanatic. 🙂

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• Mrs. Mac December 13, 2011 at 1:11 pm

You should see my collection of post-it's – it's truly embarrassing. What's worse, is I hate using them because they're so cute! (I mean, I DO use them, but a little voice in my head is screaming, "No…………they're too NICE to use!" Lisa

• Sophia S December 13, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I would have squealed too! Then grabbed some and mailed them to you! 🙂

• Ms. Rachel December 14, 2011 at 2:40 am

I think I need this.. maybe I should tell hubs I want them as a stocking stuffer!

• Betsey Dixon December 15, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I do believe I should have bought stock in Postits…or at least married into the family that created them! I use them ALL THE TIME! Love these!

• Classroom Confetti December 20, 2011 at 4:22 am

I have these and love them!! Also love my apple post-it dispenser that I got at the same time! Too funny that post-its bring so much joy to my life! 🙂

Classroom Confetti

• Ok, I learned something else new in google docs that I LOVE...even more than default margins!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀You can set a default font!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So I tend to go with Century Gothic for everything in class...usually paired with a bold font for headings (Oswald is my favorite!). But every time I start a new doc, I have to take the time to make these font changes.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, it turns out you can set a default font (and color) of your choice in two simple steps! It can only be one font...but at least it will save some time!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Here are the steps:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀First, open a new doc and type a word with the font/color combo you would like as your default font. Highlight the text you just typed.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then, go to Format > Paragraph Styles > Normal Text > Update 'Normal text' to match.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then go back to the Format menu and choose Paragraph Styles > Options > Save as my default styles. (Swipe to see pics of all these steps if you prefer a visual!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it! Now when you open a new google doc, you will see your favorite font, all ready for you to start designing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledocs #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know that you can set default margins in Google Docs? I never realized until the other day!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It drives me CRAZY when I open up a new doc and there's all that extra space at the top! I'm constantly reconfiguring the margins when I make a new doc. But it turns out you can set your favorite margin settings (because everyone has favorite margin settings, right?) and set it as a default.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it’s very easy to do!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Go to File, then Page Setup. Enter the margins you would like, then click the "Set as Default" button.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And that's it!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Your next docs will open with this new setting from now on! Such a time-saver!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀(Am I the only one who didn't know this?) 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledocs #googledrive #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • "This is so fun!" I got to hear some of my favorite words over and over during math today. And it was all thanks to  @adventuresofmssmith_ and @teachinginroom6!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀These clever ladies shared an awesome idea for solving some mundane math problems (multi-digit multiplication and long division review for us today) while building index card towers!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And the setup was so easy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I made 30 review problems and numbered the cards. Then I highlighted the cards with a quick swipe to color code them (thanks to @teachinginroom6 for the color-coding idea!). The simpler problems were pink and could earn one index card when solved correctly. The more complex problems were yellow and could earn two index cards...and the most difficult problems were green and worth three index cards.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My students worked in small groups and showed me their cards as they solved them. Some showed a couple of cards at a time, others solved everything first before "cashing in" (as they called it 😂).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They were completely engaged and working as teams for the whole math block...it was great! And they are already asking when we can do this again.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#math #iteachmath #multiplication #division #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • How many field trips does your class go on each year?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We go on four (five some years 😬) and field trip season is just starting up now!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I like to keep a checklist of our different trips to keep track of forms, money, and chaperones. I color-code each trip with a different flair pen if the trips are back-to-back (we are visiting our state capital this week and heading to the ymca for water safety next week!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This checklist is from my Instant Checklists resource...it has a hundred lists, ready to go, just enter your students’ names once. Please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more! (http://bit.ly/instantchecklists)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you going on a field trip soon?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #tpt #teacherspayteachers #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I have lost my tv remote about 45,000 times this year. I think it’s due to my compulsive paper stacking tendencies.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But I found a solution!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I got this awesome desktop organizer to hold my remote (and flair pens, phone, stickies, nurse notes...all of the important things!) I found it on Amazon...it’s a STORi desktop organizer and I ❤️ it!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#tryingtostayorganized #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • One of our favorite seating areas...also known as the place I like to eat lunch every day when my students are in the cafeteria 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The chairs and table were donated to our class. Both are by Flash Furniture on Amazon.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is the first year I’ve had a cafe height table and we love it!! Do you have a cafe table in class?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#flexibleseating #classroomdecor #iteachfourth #iteach456 #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram