A new Vocabulary Graphic Organizer

November 13, 2011

A new Vocabulary Graphic Organizer

November 13, 2011
Happy Saturday!! It feels like forever and half since I’ve been on here and I do not like it!! Someone, please tell me when this year will calm down!!! I’m hoping it will soon but I keep making the same mistake! Every time I think I have a handle on new curriculum or other going-ons (is that a word?) something else happens.

Blah. I just want to blog!! Anyhow, I wanted to share a new graphic organizer I made for vocabulary…

This one is a bit more simplistic than the one I shared previously…it’s intended for my newer ELL students (I’m getting a new student on Monday!). I had to use some of my favorite frames, of course, aaaaand–check out that new clipart!! That is some fabulous work done by Natalie’s {from What the Teacher Wants} husband! Isn’t it fantastic?! And he has wonderful terms of use–everything is ok to use commercially and for freebies. I love it! You can check it out by click the green link to Natalie’s store!

Before I share the file, I have to ask–how is it going with you? Do you feel like this year has completely taken over your life? I’m sure I’m not the only one! I love being in school with my class, but I miss the carefree days of blogging at all hours in the summer. I feel like I can hardly catch my breath lately! Well, I hope you are all doing well, even if it is hectic right now 🙂

If you are interested, this freebie has been shared in my Teacher’s Notebook shop:

Teacher's Notebook

• YearntoLearn November 13, 2011 at 1:38 am

The year is flying by for me too and I'm busy as ever.
    I'm also getting a new student on Monday and another new one enrolled after my Thanksgiving break. That will put me at 31 students.

Denise

Yearn to Learn Blog

• Samantha November 13, 2011 at 1:40 am

Love this! Thanks for sharing!
    I think this part of the year always seems so crazy! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving break to catch my breath. I think we are all in the same boat this year, whether it's new curriculum or new standards or new evaluations, I feel like I have 1000 more things on my plate than I did last year. With all the going-ons, I just keep saying this is survival until January and then the real teaching and learning begins! Good luck!

Samantha
    msbeattie-samantha.blogspot.com

• Karen Greenberg November 13, 2011 at 1:41 am

Thank you for this awesome graphic organizer. I have a good idea of how to use it in my next unit!

This year definitely seems to have taken over my life. I'm a first year teacher, so it seems like everything takes a million times longer than it should.

• Tara November 13, 2011 at 1:42 am

Yikes…..I just posted the same thing earlier! Where is this year??? It's gone sooo fast and I'm not liking it at all and if I really think about it it truly wigs me out!!! Love the freebie:)

4th Grade Frolics

• Gladys November 13, 2011 at 2:35 am

I totally agree with you…this year is going by so fast…sometimes I feel like I'm always playing catch-up…I can't wait for our Thanksgiving break…I'll finally be able to catch my breath!

Thanks for the freebie…it's fabulous..as always!

• Kristin November 13, 2011 at 2:36 am

Definitely feeling it, too, but I'm on my 4 day weekend so things are a little bit better. I feel like every staff meeting I go to, we are adding something, changing something, or changing what we added. It's DIFFICULT. Hang in there. You're not alone (obviously!).
    Also, go hug your pups – they're always good for a pick me up! 🙂
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

• Lindsey (The Teacher Wife) November 13, 2011 at 4:37 am

i love that organizer! and i love how i can use it for any word! thanks:)

• Rachelle November 13, 2011 at 7:49 am

AHHHH you are such a sweetie! I'm so glad you like the clipart! You are so creative girl!

This year is flllyyyyyiiinnnngggg by! AH!

-Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

• Natalie Kay November 13, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Yayayayayay!!! Thanks so much!! The organizer is great!!

• Spedteacher November 13, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I thought I was the only one feeling stressed over everything. I feel so overwhelmed between learning a new curriculum and the changes being whoo!. It felt good to share thanks for asking.

• Shannon November 14, 2011 at 3:20 am

WOW! You hit the nail on the head! This is my 8th year teaching (2nd in 6th grade after 6 years in K), and yet I feel like I am a new teacher! I'm trying to "get it all done" each day and driving myself crazy in the process!! 🙂 Can't wait for Thanksgiving break!

Shannon

• Ms.M November 14, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Yes, this year is just driving me crazy. It does not seem to slow down, and I know the holidays are just going to get even crazier! *sigh*

Thanks for sharing, I love this new GO.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• melissa November 17, 2011 at 3:25 am

Hey Kristen!
    Yep it's flying by..I can't even believe that the holidays are here.
    Yikes!

• Chrissy November 19, 2011 at 3:16 pm

YES! YOU GUESSED IT!! If possible, I'll get some photos 🙂

ReadWriteSing

• A Teacher's Treasure November 20, 2011 at 1:13 am

Missed your posts! Very cute organizer!
    I'ts been a crazy for me too… I find it hard to blog regularly. I miss summer!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

• Mrs. McKown November 23, 2011 at 2:08 am

Love this!!

Unrelated post here, but wanted to let you know I awarded you with the Sunshine Award!!

Hope you are well 🙂

❤Mrs. McKown
    Little Literacy Learners

• Hadar November 23, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Kristen, go look at the buttons I made {and linked up to!} on my blog!!! You'd be so proud!!!

• Mrs. Mac November 27, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I awarded you the Sunshine Award because I love your blog! First Class with Mrs. Mac

• Crayons and Curls November 28, 2011 at 3:50 am

This is wonderfully amazing! Thank you for sharing! 🙂
    Cheryl

• e-Expeditions January 11, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I've featured your wonderful post here: http://e-expeditions.com/tours/2012/01/11/links-we-love-reading-activities/

Have a great day! 🙂

• Miss Wall January 22, 2012 at 7:19 pm

LOVE this graphic organizer! Thank you for sharing! Quick question — what font did you use for it? I LOVE it!

• Kristen January 22, 2012 at 7:40 pm

thanks Miss Wall! It's Pea Heather Michelle by Kevin and Amanda Fonts.