Get the news right in your inbox!

A new Vocabulary Graphic Organizer

November 13, 2011 22 Comments

A new Vocabulary Graphic Organizer

November 13, 2011 22 Comments
Happy Saturday!! It feels like forever and half since I’ve been on here and I do not like it!! Someone, please tell me when this year will calm down!!! I’m hoping it will soon but I keep making the same mistake! Every time I think I have a handle on new curriculum or other going-ons (is that a word?) something else happens.

Blah. I just want to blog!! Anyhow, I wanted to share a new graphic organizer I made for vocabulary…

This one is a bit more simplistic than the one I shared previously…it’s intended for my newer ELL students (I’m getting a new student on Monday!). I had to use some of my favorite frames, of course, aaaaand–check out that new clipart!! That is some fabulous work done by Natalie’s {from What the Teacher Wants} husband! Isn’t it fantastic?! And he has wonderful terms of use–everything is ok to use commercially and for freebies. I love it! You can check it out by click the green link to Natalie’s store!

Before I share the file, I have to ask–how is it going with you? Do you feel like this year has completely taken over your life? I’m sure I’m not the only one! I love being in school with my class, but I miss the carefree days of blogging at all hours in the summer. I feel like I can hardly catch my breath lately! Well, I hope you are all doing well, even if it is hectic right now 🙂

If you are interested, this freebie has been shared in my Teacher’s Notebook shop:

Teacher's Notebook

ladybugsteacherfiles

All posts

• YearntoLearn November 13, 2011 at 1:38 am

The year is flying by for me too and I'm busy as ever.
    I'm also getting a new student on Monday and another new one enrolled after my Thanksgiving break. That will put me at 31 students.

Denise

Yearn to Learn Blog

• Samantha November 13, 2011 at 1:40 am

Love this! Thanks for sharing!
    I think this part of the year always seems so crazy! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving break to catch my breath. I think we are all in the same boat this year, whether it's new curriculum or new standards or new evaluations, I feel like I have 1000 more things on my plate than I did last year. With all the going-ons, I just keep saying this is survival until January and then the real teaching and learning begins! Good luck!

Samantha
    msbeattie-samantha.blogspot.com

• Karen Greenberg November 13, 2011 at 1:41 am

Thank you for this awesome graphic organizer. I have a good idea of how to use it in my next unit!

This year definitely seems to have taken over my life. I'm a first year teacher, so it seems like everything takes a million times longer than it should.

• Tara November 13, 2011 at 1:42 am

Yikes…..I just posted the same thing earlier! Where is this year??? It's gone sooo fast and I'm not liking it at all and if I really think about it it truly wigs me out!!! Love the freebie:)

4th Grade Frolics

• Gladys November 13, 2011 at 2:35 am

I totally agree with you…this year is going by so fast…sometimes I feel like I'm always playing catch-up…I can't wait for our Thanksgiving break…I'll finally be able to catch my breath!

Thanks for the freebie…it's fabulous..as always!

• Kristin November 13, 2011 at 2:36 am

Definitely feeling it, too, but I'm on my 4 day weekend so things are a little bit better. I feel like every staff meeting I go to, we are adding something, changing something, or changing what we added. It's DIFFICULT. Hang in there. You're not alone (obviously!).
    Also, go hug your pups – they're always good for a pick me up! 🙂
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

• Lindsey (The Teacher Wife) November 13, 2011 at 4:37 am

i love that organizer! and i love how i can use it for any word! thanks:)

• Rachelle November 13, 2011 at 7:49 am

AHHHH you are such a sweetie! I'm so glad you like the clipart! You are so creative girl!

This year is flllyyyyyiiinnnngggg by! AH!

-Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

• Natalie Kay November 13, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Yayayayayay!!! Thanks so much!! The organizer is great!!

• Spedteacher November 13, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I thought I was the only one feeling stressed over everything. I feel so overwhelmed between learning a new curriculum and the changes being whoo!. It felt good to share thanks for asking.

• Shannon November 14, 2011 at 3:20 am

WOW! You hit the nail on the head! This is my 8th year teaching (2nd in 6th grade after 6 years in K), and yet I feel like I am a new teacher! I'm trying to "get it all done" each day and driving myself crazy in the process!! 🙂 Can't wait for Thanksgiving break!

Shannon

• Ms.M November 14, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Yes, this year is just driving me crazy. It does not seem to slow down, and I know the holidays are just going to get even crazier! *sigh*

Thanks for sharing, I love this new GO.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• melissa November 17, 2011 at 3:25 am

Hey Kristen!
    Yep it's flying by..I can't even believe that the holidays are here.
    Yikes!

• Chrissy November 19, 2011 at 3:16 pm

YES! YOU GUESSED IT!! If possible, I'll get some photos 🙂

ReadWriteSing

• A Teacher's Treasure November 20, 2011 at 1:13 am

Missed your posts! Very cute organizer!
    I'ts been a crazy for me too… I find it hard to blog regularly. I miss summer!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

• Mrs. McKown November 23, 2011 at 2:08 am

Love this!!

Unrelated post here, but wanted to let you know I awarded you with the Sunshine Award!!

Hope you are well 🙂

❤Mrs. McKown
    Little Literacy Learners

• Hadar November 23, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Kristen, go look at the buttons I made {and linked up to!} on my blog!!! You'd be so proud!!!

• Mrs. Mac November 27, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I awarded you the Sunshine Award because I love your blog! First Class with Mrs. Mac

• Crayons and Curls November 28, 2011 at 3:50 am

This is wonderfully amazing! Thank you for sharing! 🙂
    Cheryl

• e-Expeditions January 11, 2012 at 10:37 pm

I've featured your wonderful post here: http://e-expeditions.com/tours/2012/01/11/links-we-love-reading-activities/

Have a great day! 🙂

• Miss Wall January 22, 2012 at 7:19 pm

LOVE this graphic organizer! Thank you for sharing! Quick question — what font did you use for it? I LOVE it!

• Kristen January 22, 2012 at 7:40 pm

thanks Miss Wall! It's Pea Heather Michelle by Kevin and Amanda Fonts.

About Me

Welcome to Ladybug's Teacher Files! I started this blog in 2010 as a way to share resources and collaborate with teachers. I hope you will find something that can be of help in your classroom! -Kristen

• Anyone else using iReady this year?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’m looking to add a little more accountability/motivation for my students, so this week we are going to start tracking our usage. My fourth graders will store their sheets in their binders so their data is kept private, then I’ll send it home in our weekly folders so parents can see progress as well.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What do you do for iReady accountability? I would love to hear more ideas!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Please click the link in my profile if you’d like a copy of this sheet for your class (http://bit.ly/ireadysheet).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • This closet!!! It has NEVER been organized in all my years in this classroom!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Honestly, I would pile things in there and slam the door fast, in hopes the pile wouldn’t collapse 😂
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So I FINALLY got some shelving and sorted everything into bins...and I am in heaven.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Now if only all bins were the same color blue...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#imjoking #actuallyimnot #typeateacher #kindoforganized #kindofnot #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456
    • Need a last-minute valentines gift for your class?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Or is it just me who is frantically doing this now? 😂
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
These are some editable coupons I shared years ago on my blog that are perfect for those no-cost presents. I’ve been saving our scholastic points, so everyone is getting a coupon to choose a book for our classroom library tomorrow. 📖❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Please click the link in my profile if you would like a copy! I hope some of you can use them!! (http://bit.ly/EditableValentinesCoupons)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#lastminute #howisitmidfebruary #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Binders, folders, or notebooks?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Over the years I’ve become a binders kind of girl...I tried to go with notebooks again this fall and it wasn’t the same. There’s just something about having everything all in one place.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So in January, I switched back to binders and I’m so glad I did. I use prenumbered tabs which saves A TON of time in setting them up (see the last pic). I try to number the handouts in the bottom corner to match the tab number it belongs in (when I remember to 😉) but really it’s a great exercise in following directions as papers are handed out if I don’t remember to number them.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
My fourth graders LOVE their binders...my students from last year mention them when they come back to visit (it was actually thanks to them I got binders again, since they enjoyed them so much). Next fall, it’ll be binders from the start for us!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Do you like binders, folders, or notebooks? Or a combination?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I received a few questions on how to get the day count on @planbookcom, so I wanted to share it here (it’s super quick!).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you go into the Display settings, you will find a drop down menu under “Date Styling”.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Click the check box next to “show school day counter” and you should be all set!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I have a couple of blog posts about planbook and I’m working in some updated ones to share soon...anything in particular you’d like to see more about?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#teacherplanner #classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know you can add little check boxes to Google Sheets? ✅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’m REALLY trying to get more ahead in my lesson planning so I can have my weekends free...and this little check box tool is helping with just that!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I set up a Sheets doc with each subject area I need to plan for. In the second column, I added the check boxes (you can find them under Insert).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It’s a really nice feature for those little checklists you want to reuse each week! Now back to lesson planning 😬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #lessonplanning #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram