Some Before Pictures

August 11, 2011

Some Before Pictures

August 11, 2011
So. I went into school today with my sister and we worked on the room for five hours. We are beat! We did a ton today and will be headed in again tomorrow. I don’t think my room will be totally done for a couple of weeks, but I wanted to post my before pics now, so I could link back to them when we are finished.

So here it is. In all its finery, ugh.

One of my walls of chalkboards (covered now!)

Front of the room (I was so excited when I uploaded this photo because the clock shows before 8:00–which is like a miracle for me in the summer!!).

Closet area (where the math games/manipulatives go)

Ok, if you made it this far, I apologize for the totally ugly and uninspiring post. This sure won’t end up on Pinterest. I just wanted to have these pics to refer to later without having 9,422 pictures in one post! Thanks for reading 🙂

• Anonymous August 11, 2011 at 1:43 am

Can't wait to see it when it is done! Have fun on your vacation!

• Amanda K. August 11, 2011 at 1:45 am

I can't wait until mine is complete! It is mostly finished, but it's not…refined. This being the first week and all…I'm EXHAUSTED at the end of the day. Too tired to make it better. But…drum roll please…one of my wonderful parents has offered to come help me friday morning while the kids are in special area (PE and Library back to back–sweet nibblets). She and I will knock it out. Glad you have help!

Third Grade Meanderings

• Lovin' First August 11, 2011 at 1:52 am

Your room looks so big! I am loving that closet area. What kind of shelves do you use? They have utility shelves at places like Home Depot and Lowe's that would house so much stuff!… an idea 🙂
    I can't wait to see everything you do!

Have fun on your vacation!… I'll be back to school on Monday for a week of inservice!

Fabulous Firsties!

p.s. Can you tell me how you got your comments numbered? I've looked up so many tutorials but can't get it to work. Thanks!

• Kristen August 11, 2011 at 1:59 am

Hey Kim, thanks!!

Amanda, I can't wait to see the rest of your pics when you are all set. Your room already looks fantastic! How sweet of your parent to offer help–it does make a big difference when someone helps out!

Lovin' First, I have that tutorial here:
    Kristen
    Numbering Comments

• Lovin' First August 11, 2011 at 2:11 am

Oh my goodness, Kristen! You are a lifesaver. 🙂 I have googled so many tutorials and they were all so difficult AND they didn't even work. YAY! 🙂 you should go and enter my giveaway now!

Fabulous Firsties!

• Jed and Rachel August 11, 2011 at 2:19 am

I totally using your idea of the blue/black/white decorating this year. (It's been two years since I've been in the classroom, but because of budgets I'm going back in.) So, I'm having to buy everything new anyway. I'm LoViNg it!

• mtompkins August 11, 2011 at 4:13 am

Can't wait to see the finished product! I've been working in my room all this week and have been exhausted. Starting to see progress though. 🙂 Enjoy your vacation!

WILD About First Grade!

• Susie August 11, 2011 at 4:20 am

I can't wait to see your room all finished! I am hoping to get my after pictures of my classroom posted soon, too! It's such a long process. Best of luck! Have a wonderful, relaxing vacation!

Susie
    crafty-bug-susie.blogspot.com

• Ms.M August 11, 2011 at 5:21 am

I am glad you posted some pictures. I have had some to post since Monday but I've been so swamped I haven't even had a chance to upload them to my Mac Book!

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• Brightfield Farm August 11, 2011 at 9:07 am

Have a great vacation! I can't wait to see the finished product. You are one of the first blogs I check every day!! :0)

• Turned into a beautiful day 💙 #maine #teachersummer #iteachfourth #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Maine 💙 #teachersummer #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Packing for the beach! I’m trying to stuff a few more books into my suitcase if I can...have you read any of these yet? #teachersonbreak #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have magnetic whiteboards in your class?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I LOVE mine...I only wish all of my walls could be filled with magnetic whiteboards! 😂 This year, I started using a little magnetic tool to save lots of time...and to avoid repeating information over and over.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I made these little due date magnets and they help in two ways. They hold extra assignments, forms, and work samples.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They display the due date! Swipe to see some pics from our class. These little magnets kept me MUCH more organized this year...and they kept my fourth graders in the know!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They are the perfect (easy) summer project for a rainy day...that’s actually what I’m doing today! 🌧 If you would like to see more, the link to this resource is in my profile (http://bit.ly/duedatemagnets)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • So I managed to avoid shoving things into random places...mostly 😂 #classroomorganization #kindof #randompaperplates #andnapkins #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • All packed up and ready for summer!! 😅 Best wishes to my friends still wrapping up their school years! #summertime #canbarelymove #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th