All-in-One Teacher Binder {printable}

August 6, 2011

All-in-One Teacher Binder {printable}

August 6, 2011
I just love binders! I like how everything can be sorted into neat little, hidden files, then stowed away oh so nicely on the shelf. However, I think I might like binders (as in the plural form) a bit too much. See photo evidence here.

Thanks to the fabulous Leslie, from Kindergarten Works, I have decided to consolidate my system. Leslie just posted an incredible entry on her blog about how she keeps everything important together in one binder, in her post on Binder Basics. (By the way, if you haven’t checked out her blog yet, you must! She is so amazing, she makes me sometimes wish I taught Kindergarten, and you know how much I love working with my older students!!)

Anyhow, I have kept my lesson plans and district standards together in the past, but usually kept other items in different binders and folders. Not anymore!

I started by making my own laminated tabs, so they could be a bit bigger and color-coordinated the way I want. I taped each tab, front and back, onto some extra paper I had stashed away, to make dividers:

I made four larger tabs for the basic categories: Planning, Assessing, Grading, and Info. I then made smaller tabs for specific materials and resources. Here are some photos of each section:

Planning

Yearlong Calendar

(Leslie shares a fantastic one on her blog!)

Lesson Plans

(an old template from last year)

Standards and GLE’s

(These have been shrunken to print two to a page, front and back, since I need standards for both 4th and 5th grade, for all subjects).

Assessing
District Assessments to be given

Record Sheets for District Assessments

Grading

Grading Reference Sheets

(in the back of the binder–I love to tape things to the inside covers!)

Information

Meeting Notes

(for PLCs, staff meetings, and workshops)

I used to take a notebook to my meetings, but I want to keep my notes in one binder as well. I never filled an entire notebook page, usually just about half, so there are two to a page (this is one of the files being shared below).

Inside Cover

This is taped to the inside, front cover of the binder. It is a district form that I typed up and color-coded (we use Fountas and Pinnell guided reading levels). It’s a really important resource, as I have ELL students reading from a pre-K level all the way to a 5th grade reading level. I’ve used this chart for years and it really helps!

The only other thing I will add to each section is one of those plastic pockets to stash papers in until they are filled out, graded, and/or sorted.

I am psyched! I feel like I have streamlined everything into a resource I can take everywhere and always have what I need.

I know so many forms are hard to share because they are personalized for our own students and districts. I am sharing two of the more basic files below–I hope someone can use at least one of them! The fonts/graphics are Kevin and Amanda, of course!

• Fitbecky August 6, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Wow! Thanks Kristen! I think I will use these tabs for my binder too! I also love the meeting notes. You Rock!!!

Becky

• oh' boy August 6, 2011 at 9:09 pm

love it!!! I too am thinking about one binder!!! thanks and I love your F&P color code!!!

• JJ August 6, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Love, Love, Love the tabs and I've been trying to figure how I wanted to really jazz up my complete binder for school….now I have it….you rock!!!!!!

• teacherking55 August 6, 2011 at 9:59 pm

I LOVE it!! You are so organized!!! I love your reading level guides. Is there someplace where I can get this form? 🙂
    You have inspired me!! 🙂 Thank you! 🙂

• Pearlann66 August 6, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I too am a BINDER addict!
    Thanks for sharing your graphics.

• Mrs. Blake August 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Kristen, you are amazing! I have been devouring your blog and have been inspired to make several changes this year! I get kids starting Monday, and setting up my binder was my task for today- you can imagine how excited I was to see your post. 🙂 Thanks for giving me an extra dose of enthusiasm to begin this year!
    Sabrina

• Unknown August 6, 2011 at 11:08 pm

I was just thinking about redoing my binder for this year, and this is so helpful! Thank you!!

• Reagan Tunstall August 6, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I can't wait to see your classroom pictures. I love your new color scheme. I know your students are "older", but I think older kids want a cute organized classroom just as much or even more than the little ones. I love your blog and your ideas. Thanks! SO awesome!!!!
    Reagan
    Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits

• Reagan Tunstall August 7, 2011 at 12:42 am

ha ha…thanks so much for your comment. I made the labels and most of the signs. There were a few things I got from blogs though. I tried to post the source if I showed anything in a picture that wasn't created by me. I have to have things labeled and my labels have to match or life just isn't right. I KNOW you understand. 🙂 You are a level beyond me for sure…(or a million levels but who's counting) Anyway thanks again!!!
    Reagan

• Buzzin' on Cupcakes in 1st Grade! August 7, 2011 at 12:59 am

Kristen, I'm a new follower! Thank you so much for this post! One of our teacher stores in my city gives away those big lovely desk calendars, but I was out of town and missed it. I can't wait to put a binder like this together so thank you for sharing these files!

I'm wondering where I can get the year long calendar from Leslie. I'm also wondering if I could get your running record sheet. Please tell me you cut off the numbers after 11…I'll have at least 27 little 1st graders in my classroom this year. I'm going to be organized to keep track of them all!!!!

Thank you!!!
    Marcy @ http://busybeesandcupcakes.blogspot.com
    Marcy(dot)Colwell(at)k12(dot)sd(dot)us

• Mrs. Moran August 7, 2011 at 1:10 am

Kristen~ I, too, am a new follower and love everything that you have done! I love these labels you have designed. I may have to switch how I do my plans based on how cute these tabs are!

Thank you!

• Diane August 7, 2011 at 1:11 am

I just recently found your blog. In fact, I only learned about 3 months ago that teachers have blogs. I recently started a blog so that I can be involved in the Postcard Exchange. I'm hoping when school begins I'll have more to say. Right now I don't have much since I don't know anything about first grade (I'm being transferred to 1st grade this year and am quite nervous about this.) You have such awesome ideas. Thanks so much for sharing!

I really like using binders, too. I find them so much more useful than a file. I taught 4th and 5th grades and had them using binders. The last two years I taught 3rd grade and they had a binder. This year I'm having to move to 1st grade and I think I'm going to attempt binders with them, for taking home and maybe for Math and Reading, but not for all subjects.

This binder is wonderful! It would be great to have everything in one binder. I really like your tabs and the page for meeting notes. Thanks for sharing these. I'm going to use these as soon as I get my Lesson Plan binder set up with a new Lesson Plan form.

Diane
    /http://theteachersjungle.blogspot.com

• Ms.M August 7, 2011 at 1:11 am

I LOVE binders too! There is something about a nice, new, clean binder that makes me so happy. I love how you color coded everything. Very nice and inspirational. 🙂

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• M.E. Hall August 7, 2011 at 1:56 am

This just might be my favorite binder I have every seen…with the colors and organization…so wonderful! Thanks for sharing!!

-Meg

• Leann August 7, 2011 at 2:37 am

Wow! Some great organizing tips. I have always had a binder…just never this organized! I was wondering if you could post a copy of you F&P levels? I love, love, love it!
    Thanks,
    Leann

• czarina August 7, 2011 at 3:03 am

How big is this binder? I've put together a binder in place of a pre-made teacher plan book, because I do pull-out of several different grades and I need something a little more personalized. It has student info, grading, and short & long term lesson planning sections. I have a separate binder for meetings and professional development, though, because I don't really want to carry around a binder more than 1.5"

• Cindy August 7, 2011 at 4:19 am

Thank you for sharing these great organizers!

• mtompkins August 7, 2011 at 4:45 am

I keep everything in one main binder too. But I love how organized and neat yours looks! Seeing things so neatly organized makes me giddy. haha! Thanks for sharing!!

WILD About First Grade!

• Julianne August 7, 2011 at 4:47 am

I adore your tabs! I need to find a cuter way to do my tabs and now you have totally inspired me! I have a tutorial on my blog for how to make a fabric binder cover that turns your binder into a tote. I have found that it makes the all one in binder even that much better! you can see the tutorial here if you are interested:

I am always so inspired by your blog, thanks for always sharing your great ideas!

• Laura August 7, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Do you mind sharing your grading scale files? My scales are similar but would love to use what you've created (if you don't mind)? Thanks! laura.davis1284@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Laura

• Sunny August 7, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I LOVE this Kristen! I am a huge fan of binders too, just because they make everything much easier to find! [I even asked our home-school coordinator, who coordinates donations to our school, to try to snag me 30 binders for my students!] Last year I had a big binder to house all of my teachery goodness and I am planning to do that again this year. It just makes my life so much easier!

• Digital Diva August 7, 2011 at 6:10 pm

LOL! I'm a binder-aholic too! And I LOVE the beginning of the school year when I can create new sections and everything is so neat.

I love your color coded chart for the Guided Reading Levels. Are you willing to share that? Thanks!

• Mrs. Magee August 7, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Sexy binder! I am so making my own tabs! 😉 Love this!

-Ashley

• Rachelle August 7, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I feel like we haven't "talked" in forever! I'm stopping by to say:

1. I'm in love with this post and the amazing files your shared.
    2. I LOVE your blog and I hope you know how appreciated you are!

-Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

• Mrs. Carico August 7, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Love this! Do you mind sharing which program you used to make the tabs, or share the smaller tabs? I would like some for calendar, and for the subjects I teach!

mrscaricosclass.blogspot.com

• Lisa August 7, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I use binders for absolutely everything in my classroom. I hate to file! One idea is to place master copies inside plastic sleeves. Carry the binder to the copier, take out the master and copy it, and then put it right back into the binder. Your big circle tabs are a great idea to. It makes finding what you need even easier.

❀Lisa
    Effective Teaching Articles Blog

• Mrs. Pollard August 7, 2011 at 9:44 pm

This is a brilliant idea! I was so inspired when I saw your post that I made my very own binder today. I made a few changes to meet my needs, but wouldn't have been able to do it without your inspiration! I blogged about it and linked back to you and Kindergarten Works. Thanks for sharing! http://teacheristatales.blogspot.com/2011/08/organizational-teacher-binder.html

• Melissa Freshwater August 7, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I am in love with your leveled reader color coded chart- Any way I could get a copy???
    Melissa

mfresh2@aol.com

• First Grade and Fancy Free August 7, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Wow! Thanks so much! This comes at the perfect time, just started the redo for this years binder. LOVE LOVE LOVE the labels.
    Ericka

• ellen August 7, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Love your ideas! I have tried for years to get all my stuff into one binder and find I have had several binders that I don't really use. I love your tips and feel ready to tackle the binder solution once and for all! I would also love a copy of your F& P reading guide you have on your cover.. could you share where you got it? thanks so much! ellenbel5@yahoo.com

• Kristen August 8, 2011 at 12:50 am

You guys are the best, thank you SO MUCH for all of the kind comments! I'm sharing the color-coded charts tonight and will share the grading sheets and forms tomorrow. Thanks for reading 🙂

• Martha August 8, 2011 at 1:34 am

Thanks so much for sharing your binder ideas…love having everything in one place!!

mpenn1010@gmail.com

• Leslie @KindergartenWorks August 8, 2011 at 7:14 am

Great post Kristen! Gotta love how organization can transcend from K to upper grades 😉 Oooh, and I totally tried your suggestion of using inlinkz to help organize freebies and such – thanks!
    – Leslie
    KindergartenWorks

• Brightfield Farm August 8, 2011 at 9:01 am

Wow! Awesome!!!! I have had a binder in the past, but never so pretty. I am great a copying, but can never come up with this kind of stuff on my own. :0( I really like how your "old" lesson plan format looks. Is there anyway you could share it- esp. in a document that we can format? I am not very good at creating those boxes and things. :0) I love your blog and your kids (and mine too!) are so lucky for you! Thank you for being such a generous person with sharing all your wonderful ideas!

• Anonymous August 8, 2011 at 10:11 pm

These are great! Could you send me the running record and the grading reference sheets? We have standard based report cards as well.

-Thanks! Ashley
    ashley.farless@gmail.com

• Mrs. Luna August 9, 2011 at 3:12 am

So organized, I love it!

• Teresa August 9, 2011 at 4:01 am

I have a binder too! I am going to make a few tweaks this year {it will be my 2nd year using it}. You have given me some great ideas though!!

Thanks for sharing!
    Teresa

• Kelsey O'Neill August 9, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I love your ideas for keeping organized! Would you be willing to share your daily schedule lesson plans?

• Mrs. D August 9, 2011 at 10:42 pm

I love your binder. Can you tell me the font you used on your tabs? I need a few more than the 4 provided (which I love and already have in place) I'd like them all to match…call me OCD, but I cannot stand mismatched binders.

Mrs. D

• Sunny August 12, 2011 at 12:39 am

I'm with Kelsey — I would love your daily schedule plan template. I LOVE it!

• Kristy August 14, 2011 at 4:00 am

I've been looking all over for a new lesson plan template. Any chance you'd be willing to share yours?

krisspradlin4@yahoo.com

• Mrs. Peppers August 18, 2011 at 1:16 am

I would like a copy of your lesson plan templates and actually the whole binder….love love love the fonts and everything about it even if it is different than what I will be using I would love it all!
    Thanks so much
    briannepeppers@gmail.com

• DeeTeacher011 August 24, 2011 at 4:24 am

I love binders as well, but I keep two b/c my lesson plan binder gets pretty thick pretty quick.Do you clean out your lesson plans and store them somewhere throughout the year?

• Kristen August 24, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Hey DeeTeacher! I haven't kept everything together like this before but I'm guessing that I will need an "archive" binder for things at some point in the future. Thanks for stopping by!

• Ms.M August 24, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I've kept a similar binder, although not as detailed, and I usually keep my lesson in it all year and then recycle them on the last day. Hope that helps.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• Angela August 28, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Thanks Kristen! I'm using a binder this year as well. I will use the Meeting Notes for sure. I was just going to have lined paper in my Meetings section… your notes are much cuter! :o)

Mrs. Lopac Teaches…

• Primary Teaching Resources September 2, 2011 at 7:23 am

Any chance you are willing to share your day plan template in a .docx file? Mine seriously needs a makeover and yours is perfect!

Nicole
    nmc@sfu.ca

• Morgane September 25, 2011 at 11:50 am

hello
    i'm a french teacher ans i would love to have this perfect organization too ! Could i ask you where do you create this one ?
    Thanks a lot

• Kristen September 25, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Morgane, hi! I just made all of the parts I would need myself–it's kind of customized for everything I use in the year 🙂

To everyone else who asked about the template, I will try to share that soon!

• Sophia S September 26, 2011 at 5:20 am

I love this binder! I am making one for my student teacher to use her first year of teaching. What new teacher wouldn't love to start off organized? Maybe I'm just sleep deprived but I couldn't find where you posted the F & P charts. Can you redirect me or email them? Thanks!

• Morgane September 28, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Kristen you've inspired me : my binder is ready with color and everything i need ! thanks a lot !
    Just a question : where did you find the laminated paper to impress your tabs ( can't find anything here 🙁

• Kristen September 28, 2011 at 11:52 pm

Hey Morgane! I just laminated them at home (I have one of those little laminators) and taped them on with packing tape 🙂

• Kristen October 1, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I posted the lesson plan template, I'm sorry for the long delay–I'm finally settled somewhat for the year!! 🙂

• Anonymous October 4, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Hi Kristen. I love your day plan template. I have been looking for one that would work for me. You said you posted it but I cant find it. Will you share again???

tglassteach@yahoo.com

• Anonymous October 4, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Nevermind!! Found it. And I'm so excited!!!!!!!
      tglassteach@yahoo.com

• Jen R. (The Teachers' Cauldron) October 1, 2011 at 11:01 pm

thank you for sharing!

• CMARSalter October 4, 2011 at 12:33 am

Do you have your P&F chart anywhere? I would LOVE a color chart for my binder! :o)

• Jill October 7, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I have searched your blog all over looking for your color coded guided reading file. We are just moving to this system and I would love to have your chart. I have it pinned on pinterest and keep coming back to your blog to try to find it. Would you be willing to email it to me? Thanks so much!
    jmesser@mail.lced.net

• Kristen October 8, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I'm emailing you now Jill 🙂

• Kathy October 14, 2011 at 8:24 pm

I still can't find the guided reading chart. It is set up like something I have but so much more user friendly. Am I missing the link?

• Unknown October 22, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I too have been searching high and low for the color coded guided reading file. I would love to have a copy if you are willing to share it. Thanks so much!
    Kathy

dkvidera@juno.com

• 3rdgrade October 28, 2011 at 6:12 am

Hi Kristen,

We use Fountas and Pinell, as well. I was telling some colleagues about your site and your color-coded reading chart. I would love to be able to run copies for reference. Would you mind emailing a copy? Your work is fantastic and MUCH appreciated! ilycedt@yahoo.com

• Amy L November 11, 2011 at 1:49 am

I would love to have your lesson plan template!!

• Kathy January 25, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Thanks for posting the GR files. Much appreciated!

• Michelle February 3, 2012 at 1:37 am

Could you please send me the templates for the calendar and lesson plan pretty please… I'd greatly appreciate it!

• Mrs. V March 5, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I love this! I have been trying to figure out what my organization system will look like. This is a great way to organize simply but effectively. Just what I need. Thank you for sharing!

• Mitch and Shannon Alcorn March 8, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I love your binder!! Is it possible to get the other templates?? I downloaded the calender and notes pages and love them!!! Thanks so much!!

• Tiffany Banks April 5, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Hi!! I love this idea! I just found this on Pinterest. I can't seem to find where you shared the sheet with the guided reading levels. Can you help me locate where this resource is? Thanks!!

• Tiffany April 5, 2012 at 7:54 pm

My email is tdarley1@cox.net

• marsterlb15 April 26, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Can you e-mail me the day at a glance please? I can't get it to download…It keeps saying error. marsterlb15@yahoo.com

• mamtsberg April 30, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I love your lesson plan format from last year… actually all of your planning documents. I was not sure if you had these as Freebies, or in a teachers notebook store… but they are GREAT! Would you be willing to share these with me? My email is mamtsberg@umasd.org
    Thanks
    Mary

• Anonymous May 29, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I would love it if you could post the color coded reading levels form! Or put it in your shop, I bet it would be a best seller!

• Ms. Megan Anderson June 7, 2012 at 3:41 am

This is my first year with the Fountas and Pinnel Guided reading program! Your chart is absolutely amazing!!! You have given me some amazing ideas for my second year of teaching and how I should go about organizing. Would you be willing to share your guided reading chart?! (I agree with Kim…it would probably be a top seller). Thanks again for your great ideas!!!!

Megan
    meg.anderson12@gmail.com

• Gigi July 13, 2012 at 3:46 am

I found this post through pinterest. Later I wanted to come back to it so I just went directly to your blog and thought I would find it under organization. Just a thought to put it there since it is so popular!
    I am a College professor and work part time teaching children. I am using this for my College notebook that I can never get quite right. I will post sometime soon and link back. Thank you!

• Kristen July 13, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Thanks Gigi! And I appreciate you telling me that…I will be putting an additional link for this under organization in the future–thanks!! 🙂

• Tammy July 13, 2012 at 11:31 pm

WOW!! That must be a pretty BIG binder to fit all of that information into. How large of a binder do you use? I loved a lot of your ideas especially the tabs and the meeting notes. I also take a notebook with me to meetings. I never get finished with a notebook by the end of the year and then I feel bad about not continuing to use it the following year. I know its wasteful but I love buying things brand new. Thanks for the many ideas that you gave me.

Mrs Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

• Mrs. H July 14, 2012 at 6:25 am

What font did you use on the lesson plan template??? I'm recreating it and I love it! I searched through my Kevin and Amanda fonts, but I'm still not sure which one it is.

Thanks!

p.s. I love your blog. I'm a little obsessed at the moment. 🙂

• Mrs. H July 14, 2012 at 6:27 am

Sorry! I just saw the other post about the template. THANK YOU!!!

• Nicki July 23, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I love the lesson plan template you shared! I referenced it in my recent blog post! Check it out – and thanks for sharing! http://motivatingmindsstocking.blogspot.com/2012/07/planning-my-way-into-fall.html

• Anonymous August 3, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I am student teaching this semester and would like to know if you could email me the template for your lesson plans. I think your lesson plans will work perfectly for me!
    I love your organization skills!
    Thanks,
    HEather

hsprag01802@viterbo.edu

• Ross Family August 6, 2012 at 12:49 am

Is there anywhere you have a copy of your old lesson plan template? I love it and tried to make one and am having trouble with the boxes. Is it somewhere I could purchase it? Thanks

• Anonymous August 7, 2012 at 7:08 pm

wow, i am going to try this. will use colorful binders for different content.

• Anonymous August 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Hi,

I love your binder basics!! I was wondering if you could send me a copy of your lesson plan template — it's very easy to read and set up so nicely. I can't seem to open it in word just retrieve it as read only. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Karen
    vanattekaren@hotmail.com

• Mrs. Knowlton August 12, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Just wondering you would share your lesson template (old one from last year with the sqaures)? I know I can make it, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I would really appreciate it. Thank you for all the great resources and ideas! I have already printed your calendar template for my binder this year!

Staci
    sknowlton@ccsdk12.org

• Anonymous August 14, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Hello! It's so awesome to find upper grade blogs! I have found many things on your site that are so helpful, thanks! Would I be able to get a copy of the color-coded leveled reading chart? I greatly appreciate it!
    Michelle S
    michome28@gmail.com

• wyguymom August 15, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I'm looking for a new lesson plan template… do you share the one pictured here somewhere? : )

wyguymom at gmail dot com

• Anonymous August 21, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I was wondering the same thing… would share your lesson template (old one from last year with the sqaures)? I know I can make it, but I figured I would ask. I would really appreciate it. Thank you for all the great resources and ideas! I have started printing for my binder and liked your planning sheet.

thanks,
    amy r:)
    rankeya@bcschools.net

• Anonymous August 23, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your lesson plan template and F&P Charts!!!
    Jenny

• Anonymous September 1, 2012 at 5:28 am

I love the Fountas and Pinnell color coded page. Can I get a copy of it? Thanks! heartsjnm@cox.net

• Colleen September 3, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I love your Running Records Sheet! I was wondering if you would share it and if it were possible to edit it to include a larger number of students (like 15-20 or so)? If you don't mind sharing, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm a new follower of your blog and recently made my own teacher binder (based off of yours and some others' tips). Thanks so much! You can email me at brusoc@gmail.com.

~ Colleen

• Anonymous September 17, 2012 at 12:09 am

Kristen,

I am a pre-service teacher and am heading out to complete my third teaching placement in a few weeks. I'm very excited, but as it will be my third placement I will have more responsibilities and will be teaching a number of subjects. So I have been looking for ideas on binders and how to organize unit and lesson plans and all the other important stuff I will be keeping track of. I am the kind of person (as I'm sure most teachers are) that is almost obsessive about organization. I love, love, love your binder idea! I am going to do one just like it (imitation is the best form of flattery!). Thank you for sharing this with us!

I will also "pearltree" you blog so that I can check it out often.

Lisa

• Anonymous September 24, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Kristen,
    I just found your blog (through pinterest)! I was wondering if you would email me the colored Guided Reading Level chart. It's great!
    Thanks,
    Jessica
    Jdemetros@dundeecs.org

• Carrberry Creations November 2, 2012 at 2:21 am

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH love it! I usually keep my stuff in way too many binders. I'm gonna snag some of your ideas and get a bit more manageably organized tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!

• asadowski November 8, 2012 at 5:31 am

I love your site! I am a Title I Reading teacher in Racine, WI and found your site last year! Love it! Question – Have you seen the new F&P grade level alignments? http://www.heinemann.com/fountasandpinnell/pdfs/WhitePaperTextGrad.pdf

I would love a copy of the color coded F&P chart from your binder if it is aligned to the new grade levels. Is that possible? My email address is angela.sadowski@rusd.org and THANKS in advance for your help!

Angie

• martha January 3, 2013 at 3:48 am

• Tere Prendiville January 11, 2013 at 2:56 am

I love your blog and your ideas and I am inspired by your organization! I was also wondering about your Fountas and Pinnell chart. I know others have asked, but I would love to get that. Are you sharing it?

• Anonymous February 15, 2013 at 3:21 am

Can you send a copy of lesson plans

• Anonymous February 15, 2013 at 3:24 am

Can you send a copy of lesson plans

• James Anderson April 14, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Hi! I love your binder and am wondering if I can get a copy of the whole set. We do Fountas and Pinnell also. Thanks so much. I love your set up and, of course, the font!
    Angi

jimnangi@att,net

• The White Silk Purse (Dana) April 23, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I, too, would love a copy of the Fountas and Pinnell grade/level chart. Thanks if you are able.
    whitesilkpurse@gmail.com

• MsAmandaLong June 2, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Love this! I have a binder for everything, but this has some great additions/ideas I will add!

Amanda

• Rachel June 23, 2013 at 1:33 am

This is so fantastic!! I have been looking for something to keep me organized in my first year of teaching and I think this will do the trick! Thanks for sharing 🙂

-Rachel
    birdinthird.blogspot.com

• Laura Kirschner June 27, 2013 at 5:05 pm

What a great blog you have, and your TPT products as well!Laura
    Read-Write-Create

• The beginning of ALLLL the due dates!! Our spring break is starting this weekend and I know I’m going to come back to a whirlwind of permission slips, forms, and project papers to keep up with!So I’ll be using these magnets to keep all of our due dates posted (and to save myself from the endless questions of when things are due!). If you’d like to see more about the magnets, please see the link in my profile (http://bit.ly/duedatemagnets)Are your due dates starting to intensify yet?#somuchtodo #classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • My heart could just burst with happiness today. We’ve worked so hard as a community of readers this year to read as much as possible, in all the extra minutes we can find in our day.Today was our fourth grade Water Fair. The students had to present their projects in front of judges and wait patiently for the semifinals and then results...for several hours.It was a long morning for them.But I watched as so many happily pulled out their current reads while they waited, thrilled for all of the bonus reading time. ❤️❤️❤️ #fullheart #communityofreaders #readersgonnaread #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Giveaway Closed...congrats @ccbahr!I just listed a new resource that has really made a difference in our class.I’m sure I’m not alone in this...our list of due dates is HUGE right now!! So I’ve been keeping track of all our forms and assignments with these little magnets. They have been SO helpful for my students...and me, honestly (I can lose track of things so easily these days!). Would you like to win a set for your class? You can earn two entries by doing the following:1. Comment with an emoji that shows your feelings about due dates right now.2. Comment again and tag a friend for a second entry.I’ll announce the winning name later this evening! The link to this resource is in my profile if you’d like to see more about it (http://bit.ly/duedatemagnets)#classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Magnet love!! 🧲❤️ I’ve been using these due date magnets to help organize our important papers and keep those deadlines posted for my students and (let’s be honest) me as well!Because this is the time of the year when so much is going on, so much is due...it becomes very easy for a teacher to get overwhelmed with projects, permission slips, order forms, and more!So now I post our papers, write the due date with a vis-a-vis marker and there it is...an easy-to-see visual reminder that keeps my class and I on track.I’ll share more from this board soon...we have some other resources that are keeping my fourth grade class a little more organized during this busy season!How do you like to keep track of due dates in your class?#classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • My mind has been a jumble of thoughts this Sunday night, so I'm turning to google slides to help plan things out.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This week, for example, we need to work on a couple of our routines that have become less...routine. 😬⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This slide will give us a chance to have a chat and share strategies on keeping a clean workspace. Plus, it has visuals of how our tables should look, which is always a huge help!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this with your class before? I think it will be a great reminder for my students this week!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach456 #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I may have experienced a momentary feeling of dread when I saw Monday’s date as I left yesterday. 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But...I absolutely ADORE these magnetic numbers. I learned about this awesome time-saver from @twoteachersinfifth (Brooke and Leah always have the best ideas!!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And seriously...this is the first time in my seventeen years of teaching I haven’t routinely forgotten to put the date on the board. It’s a student job to keep it updated...but even if my fourth graders occasionally forget, it just takes a moment for me to do.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I keep the numbers in a little photo storage box by the front whiteboard. The magnetic numbers are by Teacher Created and can be found on Amazon. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZVQUS0K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_i0-NCb0HNXCA8)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I love how easy these numbers are to see from anywhere in our room...and of course the time they save!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachertimesaver #classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram