Video Tutorial: Making commenting a bit easier

July 1, 2011

Video Tutorial: Making commenting a bit easier

July 1, 2011
Disclaimer! This is totally based on preference, I am not saying this will be the ideal for everyone. I’ve just been noticing lately that a few blogs have removed that code that automatically pops up when you want to publish a comment on someone’s blog.

As a reader of those blogs, I love this! It’s so much faster to comment 🙂

The aim of the code, of course, is to prevent spam from going through, so there is a valid reason for having it. I decided though, in the long run, I could delete my own spam if it comes through. Ultimately, I want to make it a bit easier for my readers to comment–because you are all so lovely!

Hope this is of help for some!

• Annie Moffatt July 1, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Kristen,
    I just LOVE you!! You are amazing! You really have an amazing gift:) I am so grateful that you are willing to share with all of us:)
    Annie

• Lindsey (The Teacher Wife) July 1, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I agree! It is so much easier to comment!

• Jenn Bates July 1, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I am one of those blogs who recently took the code off. I agree, I'd rather make it easier for people to comment. Thanks for letting others know so maybe more will jump on the bandwagon!
    Jenn
    Finally in First

• Dana July 1, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Thanks for sharing! It is kind of annoying, so I'm taking it off! 🙂

Dana
    3rd Grade Gridiron

• Dual Kinder Teacher July 1, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Ok, how bad am I that I had already taken off this code, but I love following your tutorials that I watched it anyways 🙂 Thanks for sharing your talents 🙂

• Kristen July 1, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Annie, thanks! I think you are the amazing one, with all of the units/lessons you have created–wow!!

Lindsey, Jenn, and Dana, I definitely think it's easier!

Dual Kinder, thanks, you always leave the nicest messages. I'm glad the videos are being watched!! 🙂

• Tanya Solano July 1, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Holy Macaroni Lady! I am sooooo happy to have found your blog! Totally glad it's summer and I have time to spend here! You are AmAzInG!

Now, look out, because I will be adding lots of good stuff to my terribly boring blog.

• Kristen July 1, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Thanks Tanya, your blog looks wonderful! I'm following and looking forward to reading more.

• Pat's Paper Passion July 1, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Super suggestion…many a time I type the wrong code anyway…and sometimes the code is just weird!

Pat

A Time to Share & Create

• Crystal July 1, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I have a question for you and wondering if you could help me..since you seem to very techy 🙂 I just got a new phone, android, and when I go to my blogger dashboard, there is no scroll bar to look at the recent posts, and there isn't even a scroll bar to look through my long list of blogs I follow. I've tried to google it to find a solution and not come up with anything. You can email me at crystal.houpe@gmail.com if you have some suggestions I could try.
    Thanks,
    Crystal

• Fern Smith July 2, 2011 at 1:17 am

I love your videos! Thank you so much for all the help! I agree with you and I've wanted to do this, so thanks so much. On the video you said you like to go back to the "old way" but your old way looks like my new way! Could you do a post soon on how to turn the "new way" on? 🙂
    Thanks,
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!

• Kristen July 2, 2011 at 1:56 am

Pat–I do that all of the time! I swear, I can never get those crazy letters right!

Crystal, I'm sorry I am really UNtechy when it comes to phones. I won't let myself have a phone with Internet because the obsession will never end when I leave the house–haha! Good luck with your new phone! 🙂

Fern, I can definitely do that next, thanks for the inspiration!

• Peace Love Kindergarten July 2, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Thanks!! I LOVE all of your videos since I am a very visual learner! Could you do one on posting documents in blogs with Google Docs! I CAN NOT get that!!!!

• Kristen July 2, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Hey Peace Love, I will add that to my list of upcoming videos, thanks for the suggestion!

• Reagan Tunstall July 3, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Giving it a try!
    ツReagan
    Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits

• Mrs. Zrihen September 3, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Yes!!! I've been dying to get rid of that code1 It's such a turn off!!!!
    Thank you!!!

A Teacher's Treasure

p.s.

do you have a tutorial on how to change the comment box from saying "comments" to saying something else?
    I've seen some blogs where instead of saying "comments" it says "High Fives", "Love Notes", "Words of Wisdom", etc.
    I'd love to change mine but don't know how to.

• Ok, this is nothing major but it has really sped up my planning time in @planbookcom!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Did you know you can navigate from lesson to lesson with arrows on the right and left? It is SO much faster than double-clicking in and out of lesson boxes!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This is probably one of those things everyone knows except me...but I wanted to share just in case!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#lessonplans #planbookcom #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Three days of school, three books read for #classroombookaday!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This has already become a highlight of our day and I love this bonding time with my new sweet fourth graders ❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Next week, we will start discussing the themes and character traits we encounter during our daily reads, thanks to the brilliant @headoverheelsforteaching‘s resources!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Have you started #classroombookaday again this year? If you are new to the concept you must check out @heisereads classroombookaday.com who developed this...she has tons of book recs and ideas!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroombookaday #picturebooks #readersgonnaread #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Three days of school and I STILL have a couple of unfinished areas. This whiteboard isn’t hung on the wall, my drawers are only partially labeled, and I have piles of things on the floor to put away BUT...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The first days of school have been absolutely awesome with my new students!!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I really think it’s SO hard for a type A teacher to learn to let things go...to take more time in the summer away from the classroom. I have been working at it for a few years now and I think I’m finally making some progress.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
My room isn’t completely ready for the new year but I definitely am ❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#movingawayfromtypea #teacherselfcare #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Year 18, day two!! It was too busy to post a first day of school picture yesterday 😅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Who else started this week?? I hope it’s been great!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#backtoschool #year18 #wheredoesthetimego #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Sharing a quick Google Sheets tip!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you are using the checkbox feature and working with a large list, there is an easy way to uncheck all your boxes AT ONCE when you are done with your list!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Click at the top of the column where your check boxes are located (swipe to see). This will select the whole column.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Then click your space bar...this will automatically uncheck all of your boxes at once! You can also check off large groups of checkboxes using this same tip.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I used this feature while printing off the covers for our read alouds today...it saved me a ton of time!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you’d like to see more about this digital read aloud tracker, please click the link in my profile or type bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker ✅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#googledrive #googlesheets #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • How many days do you get for classroom setup?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
We have our one day coming up on Tuesday...and I have a zillion things to finish. Most parts are almost done, but there are stacks of things on the floor everywhere (swipe to see) 😬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroomorganization #kindof #andstacksofsupplieseverywhere #teachertired #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram