Video Tutorial: Making commenting a bit easier

July 1, 2011

Video Tutorial: Making commenting a bit easier

July 1, 2011
Disclaimer! This is totally based on preference, I am not saying this will be the ideal for everyone. I’ve just been noticing lately that a few blogs have removed that code that automatically pops up when you want to publish a comment on someone’s blog.

As a reader of those blogs, I love this! It’s so much faster to comment 🙂

The aim of the code, of course, is to prevent spam from going through, so there is a valid reason for having it. I decided though, in the long run, I could delete my own spam if it comes through. Ultimately, I want to make it a bit easier for my readers to comment–because you are all so lovely!

Hope this is of help for some!

• Annie Moffatt July 1, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Kristen,
    I just LOVE you!! You are amazing! You really have an amazing gift:) I am so grateful that you are willing to share with all of us:)
    Annie

• Lindsey (The Teacher Wife) July 1, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I agree! It is so much easier to comment!

• Jenn Bates July 1, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I am one of those blogs who recently took the code off. I agree, I'd rather make it easier for people to comment. Thanks for letting others know so maybe more will jump on the bandwagon!
    Jenn
    Finally in First

• Dana July 1, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Thanks for sharing! It is kind of annoying, so I'm taking it off! 🙂

Dana
    3rd Grade Gridiron

• Dual Kinder Teacher July 1, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Ok, how bad am I that I had already taken off this code, but I love following your tutorials that I watched it anyways 🙂 Thanks for sharing your talents 🙂

• Kristen July 1, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Annie, thanks! I think you are the amazing one, with all of the units/lessons you have created–wow!!

Lindsey, Jenn, and Dana, I definitely think it's easier!

Dual Kinder, thanks, you always leave the nicest messages. I'm glad the videos are being watched!! 🙂

• Tanya Solano July 1, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Holy Macaroni Lady! I am sooooo happy to have found your blog! Totally glad it's summer and I have time to spend here! You are AmAzInG!

Now, look out, because I will be adding lots of good stuff to my terribly boring blog.

• Kristen July 1, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Thanks Tanya, your blog looks wonderful! I'm following and looking forward to reading more.

• Pat's Paper Passion July 1, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Super suggestion…many a time I type the wrong code anyway…and sometimes the code is just weird!

Pat

A Time to Share & Create

• Crystal July 1, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I have a question for you and wondering if you could help me..since you seem to very techy 🙂 I just got a new phone, android, and when I go to my blogger dashboard, there is no scroll bar to look at the recent posts, and there isn't even a scroll bar to look through my long list of blogs I follow. I've tried to google it to find a solution and not come up with anything. You can email me at crystal.houpe@gmail.com if you have some suggestions I could try.
    Thanks,
    Crystal

• Fern Smith July 2, 2011 at 1:17 am

I love your videos! Thank you so much for all the help! I agree with you and I've wanted to do this, so thanks so much. On the video you said you like to go back to the "old way" but your old way looks like my new way! Could you do a post soon on how to turn the "new way" on? 🙂
    Thanks,
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!

• Kristen July 2, 2011 at 1:56 am

Pat–I do that all of the time! I swear, I can never get those crazy letters right!

Crystal, I'm sorry I am really UNtechy when it comes to phones. I won't let myself have a phone with Internet because the obsession will never end when I leave the house–haha! Good luck with your new phone! 🙂

Fern, I can definitely do that next, thanks for the inspiration!

• Peace Love Kindergarten July 2, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Thanks!! I LOVE all of your videos since I am a very visual learner! Could you do one on posting documents in blogs with Google Docs! I CAN NOT get that!!!!

• Kristen July 2, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Hey Peace Love, I will add that to my list of upcoming videos, thanks for the suggestion!

• Reagan Tunstall July 3, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Giving it a try!
    ツReagan
    Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits

• Mrs. Zrihen September 3, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Yes!!! I've been dying to get rid of that code1 It's such a turn off!!!!
    Thank you!!!

A Teacher's Treasure

p.s.

do you have a tutorial on how to change the comment box from saying "comments" to saying something else?
    I've seen some blogs where instead of saying "comments" it says "High Fives", "Love Notes", "Words of Wisdom", etc.
    I'd love to change mine but don't know how to.

• Maine 💙 #teachersummer #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Packing for the beach! I’m trying to stuff a few more books into my suitcase if I can...have you read any of these yet? #teachersonbreak #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have magnetic whiteboards in your class?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I LOVE mine...I only wish all of my walls could be filled with magnetic whiteboards! 😂 This year, I started using a little magnetic tool to save lots of time...and to avoid repeating information over and over.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I made these little due date magnets and they help in two ways. They hold extra assignments, forms, and work samples.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They display the due date! Swipe to see some pics from our class. These little magnets kept me MUCH more organized this year...and they kept my fourth graders in the know!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They are the perfect (easy) summer project for a rainy day...that’s actually what I’m doing today! 🌧 If you would like to see more, the link to this resource is in my profile (http://bit.ly/duedatemagnets)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • So I managed to avoid shoving things into random places...mostly 😂 #classroomorganization #kindof #randompaperplates #andnapkins #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • All packed up and ready for summer!! 😅 Best wishes to my friends still wrapping up their school years! #summertime #canbarelymove #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th
    • Two of my dear friends and colleagues retired today. I worked on teams with both over the years (one in 4th and one in 5th) and they’ve both been my next door (classroom door) neighbors. They’ve taught a combined total of 74 years!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We had an outdoor luncheon on our school patio to celebrate their years of dedication to our school. The theme was beachy/nautical and it was so fun to set up...I found most of the decor at the Dollar Tree! We had tons of candles, shells, flowers, and a fishnet with class photos from over the years. (Don’t mind the masking tape on the table in that last photo, it was a bit windy 😂). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was a happy and sad kind of day 💕 #retiringfriends #cantimagineschoolwithoutthem #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram