Video Tutorial: printing on sticky notes

May 22, 2011

Video Tutorial: printing on sticky notes

May 22, 2011

So, in my feminine vanity, I freaked out because my arms are on camera and they look weird at that angle! But I told myself to get over it and post it anyways. This tutorial shows how to prepare the sticky notes for printing. I shared a couple of sticky note files last week and have plans to make more this summer. I’ve had some questions on printing on the notes themselves, so I hope this is of help! The basic sticky note template can be found at the end of this post.

PS…This was filmed using an IPEVO camera. 🙂

Blank Sticky Note Template (Word Doc)

Blank Sticky Note Template (PDF)

• Amanda K. May 22, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Thanks Kristen! I cannot wait to use these next year!

Amanda
    Third Grade Experience

• Mrs. Patton May 22, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Thanks! I'll probably be doing a lot of this next year! 🙂

Colleen Patton

• Workshop Classroom May 22, 2011 at 10:13 pm

WOW!! I am so impressed! Very helpful video, awesome readers workshop idea! You could probably set up a youtube channel…hmmm…

• Ms.M May 22, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Love the new video. I like the new format. I didn't know you could make videos with photo bucket. Oh, and your arms don't look weird.

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• JenniferL May 24, 2011 at 1:38 am

I kind of think you're a genius! How do you figure this all out?!

Rowdy in First Grade

• Kristen May 24, 2011 at 1:47 am

Thanks, you guys!! Jennifer, it's just an obsession with teaching supplies, I think!

• Kristen T. May 24, 2011 at 3:42 am

What a fun idea! I appreciate you sharing this video as well. 🙂

• Stephanie June 4, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I just started following your blog today and I just wanted to thank you for posting this video! I never would have even thought to print things on sticky notes! What a cool idea! Can't wait to explore more of your blog!

• Kristen June 4, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Thanks Stephanie, and thanks for following! 🙂

• Jennifer June 15, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I love love LOVE being able to now print on Post-it notes! I had found this one day and saved the documents but then when I wanted to come back I couldn't find it again…thank you Google Blog search!

• Jennifer June 15, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Hope you don't mind I shared a link to this blog entry on facebook and on my blog because I'm so excited about it!

Mrs. Hall's Fab Firsts

• Ms. Patterson June 26, 2011 at 12:46 am

I have a pc! I have tried zamzar to upload my files. I have tried cutepdf but I have no idea how it works. Once I download it disappears. I have read that you go to the print option and it should show up there but I never see it. Do you have another one that I could try. I am sorry I really don't mean to bother you

• Jennifer Gibson July 16, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I do this all of the time! I print my rubrics on post its. It saves a ton of time and paper when I am scoring!

Jennifer

• bernice July 20, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

• Crayons and Curls July 25, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Love this! Thank you so much! 🙂

• Annie Moffatt September 18, 2011 at 4:36 am

Printing on sticky note?! I LOVE it! I think your brain just works better than ours, well at least mine! I am going to use this somehow with my 4 year old. She is totally obsessed with sticky notes anyways:) I know I say this ALL the time…but you ARE amazing!! AMAZING!!

• Mrs. Joanna Brockhoff September 18, 2011 at 5:05 pm

You are too smart!

• Rebecca September 18, 2011 at 7:34 pm

This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

• Amber Unger September 18, 2011 at 8:14 pm

This is ah-ma-zing! I never heard of doing this. How smart are YOU!? 🙂

• Kreative in Kinder September 18, 2011 at 8:24 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
    <>< Crystal

• Andrea September 19, 2011 at 12:23 am

Great Idea!!!!! Thank you!

• Louanne September 19, 2011 at 1:19 am

This is so wonderful – thanks so much! 🙂
    My Kindergarten Kids

• Jayne Gammons September 19, 2011 at 3:16 am

Well I Bee! Thanks!!
    Jayne

• Sra. Carro September 21, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Love this and can't wait to try it out! I just added the link to this post in a sticky note post of my own (not quite as ingenious, I bow to your creativity!)

• Linda May 2, 2012 at 12:19 am

Thanks for sharing! I was wondering how to print on sticky notes.

• Linda May 2, 2012 at 3:00 am

Kristen…I tried printing out some sticky notes using the template. When I went to print, the template lines appeared on my sticky notes. What am I not doing?

lsslak@yahoo.com

• John Vonn March 15, 2013 at 6:38 am

This is a wonderful blog.
    Video in print

• So I managed to avoid shoving things into random places...mostly 😂 #classroomorganization #kindof #randompaperplates #andnapkins #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • All packed up and ready for summer!! 😅 Best wishes to my friends still wrapping up their school years! #summertime #canbarelymove #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th
    • Two of my dear friends and colleagues retired today. I worked on teams with both over the years (one in 4th and one in 5th) and they’ve both been my next door (classroom door) neighbors. They’ve taught a combined total of 74 years!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀We had an outdoor luncheon on our school patio to celebrate their years of dedication to our school. The theme was beachy/nautical and it was so fun to set up...I found most of the decor at the Dollar Tree! We had tons of candles, shells, flowers, and a fishnet with class photos from over the years. (Don’t mind the masking tape on the table in that last photo, it was a bit windy 😂). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was a happy and sad kind of day 💕 #retiringfriends #cantimagineschoolwithoutthem #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A little progress with packing up.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I am really trying to get rid of anything we haven’t used in years and pack up everything in its place. We’ll see if I shove things randomly away when I run out of time next week 😂!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Are you packing up next week?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you ever feel like you make MORE of a mess as you clean out your classroom?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Today was our students’ last day and I stayed for a bit to get things cleaned out and packed but I got so overwhelmed I finally just left. It can wait, right?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#classroomorganization #notpicturedhere #ineed50daystocleanmyroom #wegetone #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Anyone still in school? Our students’ last day is tomorrow and I’m feeling all the emotions right now!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I got this sweet framed gift from one of my students today 😍😭 Getting myself ready for tomorrow’s whirlwind of emotions!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you are wrapping up school soon, best wishes! And if you are already on break, happy summer!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#almostsummerbreak #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram