Testing Sign {printable}

May 24, 2011

Testing Sign {printable}

May 24, 2011

We have 18 days left of school and we have been assessing like crazy! After about the millionth time of constructing a hasty, last-minute, sharpie/construction paper sign, I questioned myself…

How is it that I do not have a sign for testing??

I have signs for practically every inanimate object in my classroom, signs for schedules, signs for games, signs for everything!

Well, here’s what it looks like, in case you need one too (though I’m sure you’re all much more prepared than I am!):

Not the most creative sign ever, but I wanted to keep it clear-cut and easy to read.

Are you still doing assessments? How many days do you have left?? Please, no responses if it’s less than 6 (I’m joking, of course!!!).

Testing Sign

• Anonymous May 24, 2011 at 1:49 am

I'm not teaching this year, but the last day in my area is this Wednesday. 🙂 Love everything you share! It'll be useful in the fall. Thanks!

• Anonymous May 24, 2011 at 1:57 am

Thanks for this– I've done the same thing (permanent marker and paper signs- Quiet campus etc) Students are done June 1st and I'm done June 3rd. I am just beginning to feel like I might be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck on your end of the year!
    Beth

• Mrs. Saoud May 24, 2011 at 2:23 am

Our poor darlings. Every few days we receive word about a due date for Benchmark, Formative, Summative, Pilot Computer Assessment, DRA, FAIR, Writing Prompts, and….

With 12 days remaining, I just want to enjoy my last few weeks with them without an office blocking my view of their darling faces! 🙂

Cheryl

• Gladys May 24, 2011 at 4:23 am

7 days to go…and we're still testing! A never ending story, I tell 'ya….

• Pat's Paper Passion May 24, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Students were out on May 19, but April was our month of assessing, assessing, assessing. It was nice to have a couple weeks of fun activities…what's happened to our educational system where they don't value a teacher's judgement?

• Mamie May 24, 2011 at 1:31 pm

1 and a half days to go – we're out at noon on Wednesday, and YES, I am excited!!!

• Ms.M May 24, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I hate to admit it, I only have 4 kid days left, including today. 2 teachers days on the 1st & 2nd. However, I feel like it is not enough. I am done with my assessments & report cards. All I ahve left is packing up, and that is not going well. Thanks for the testing sign. 🙂

Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

• Ms. Durning May 24, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Boooo.. I'm not done until June 24!

• Chrissy May 26, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Hi! Thanks for the sign!

We are finished for the year. BUT, school starts again on Aug. 15, which means I will be back in the classroom near the beginning of August. 🙂 I'm already planning!

ReadWriteSing

• Custom colors in Google Drive!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Well, there have been custom colors in there for a long time now...but there’s an updated layout that makes choosing colors even easier!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀To try it out, head into docs, slides, or sheets. Click on the color menu and you’ll see a cleaner look (side note, LOVE the circles instead of squares!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Click on the + under “custom”. There you will find two sliding scales to choose your favorites colors. The first is “hue” at the bottom.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then comes the fun part.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After choosing a hue, slide around to find your ideal shade...so many to choose from!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And it gets better.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you’ve selected the exact shade you like, the selector tool will remain in place...this means you can slide through the hues while maintaining a consistent shade! MUCH easier than before!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Have you tried this updated feature yet? I hope this is of help of you didn’t! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Took a moment to note which books I owned and which ones I will need to borrow this year.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If it’s available in our school, I noted it with “library”...if it’s a book my sister or a friend owns, I wrote “borrow”.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀This is something I did last year my old book tracker and it really did help when I was planning for the next week.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you’d like to see more about the Read Aloud Tracker, the link is in my profile.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I finally finished my Read Aloud Tracker and I can’t stop adding books...I’m at 114 so far!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I’m so excited because I know this will help me keep on track with my daily picture book read alouds this year! Last year we read over a hundred books (about 120!)...but I really fell off track when I got caught up with planning, grading, testing, and all of those busy teacherly things. I even forgot which titles we had already read at times! So this will definitely help me plan read alouds more efficiently.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The tracker stores titles alphabetically and keeps a count of how many books are in your collection, as well as a tally of books read so far (swipe to see more).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I listed this resource in my store...please click the link in my profile if you’d like to see more or go to bit.ly/DigitalReadAloudTracker⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#reading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • A sneak peek of something I’ve been working on to manage our daily read alouds this year...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀More to come soon!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#teachingreading #readersgonnaread #bookaday #classroombookaday #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Thanks to everyone who shared their favorite google fonts yesterday!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I put together a doc of 55 Favorite Teacher Fonts for us to share...if you click the link in my profile, you can get a copy for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Once you open this doc, you can select any new fonts you’d like to try. If you copy and paste them into a new google doc, the fonts will automatically be added to your menu...no searching and adding necessary!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Thank you again to everyone for sharing your awesome font finds! I hope this is of help for some of you looking for new fonts!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bit.ly/FavoriteGoogleFonts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googledocs #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Do you have a favorite Google font? Or several? If you would like to share in the comments below, I’d love to make a list and save it in my highlights for you to refer to later this summer.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀If you visit my profile now, you will see a Google fonts highlight with the steps to find new fonts for your drive.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What are your favorites?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My go-to for everything is Century Gothic. For script I love Clicker Script and for bold titles my favorite is Oswald Bold (in uppercase!).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀#googledrive #googlefonts #technologyintheclassroom #iteachfourth #iteach4th #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram