Get the news right in your inbox!

Centering and spacing images in your sidebar

April 2, 2011 6 Comments

Centering and spacing images in your sidebar

April 2, 2011 6 Comments

If you are someone who likes to collect lots of images and buttons in your sidebar, you might find that some images were made to be centered, while others are not.

There are a couple of quick and easy ways to neaten up those sidebar images.

To center images only takes a bit of code:

You can choose to center each individual image with this. Or you can put all of your images in one HTML widget and center them all at once, by adding the centering code to the beginning and end, with all of those image codes in between.

You can also use some code to space out your images evenly.

I have all of my images lined up in the same HTML widget box. When I first uploaded them, they were stacked close together. In order to make a little space between them, I had to add a line break.

Now they have a nice little space so each can be seen easily. The code for the line break is in the next image below…

So, each time you’d like a space between two images, you can add the code shown in blue, right after the image code.

This will work for any kind of image you place in your sidebar.

If you’d like even more space, just add this same code two or three times in a row. This will make the space between your images even larger.

Happy Weekend! I’m happy to report that yesterday’s snow is melting quickly. I hope you’re all having some nice, springy weather!

ladybugsteacherfiles

All posts

• Hadar April 2, 2011 at 5:09 pm

LOL!!! I cannot believe you posted this! I literally have spent the last hour trying to make my side bar not look so disgusting!

• Kathy Law April 2, 2011 at 7:00 pm

THANKS for all the tech tips!!

Kathy
    First Grade a la Carte

• Nancy Wilson April 3, 2011 at 4:50 am

Hello 🙂 Help PLEASE! I am anxious to get my blog up and running. I appreciate all of your posts. I started at your oldest in tech tips and am trying to figure all this out! I made a header in 'publisher' but how do I get it to be an 'image' that I can upload. I don't have photoshop, not sure if that's what you need…I'm trying, but I am a little frustrated and confused! Thank you, Nancy Wilson nancydwilson@hotmail.com

• Ladybug Teacher April 3, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Hey Nancy! I'm sending you an email right now!

• Amy April 4, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Thanks for this tip Kristen! I just set up my twitter after you installed my *fabulous* new buttons Saturday and twitter does take some getting used to. Social networking is definitely important in the blogging world I think. I did learn that you can text tweets to your twitter account via your phone! You have to download the app (I have a droid) and then you just text your update to 40404 and it automatically updates your tweet!

I like the FB pages too for posting blog updates.

Amy
    totalteachaholic.blogspot.com

• Ms. Garber April 6, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I am very new to this and I was wondering how to but someone button on your page. I see it on a lot of blogs but I can't find a gadget for it. Please help me!!!

About Me

Welcome to Ladybug's Teacher Files! I started this blog in 2010 as a way to share resources and collaborate with teachers. I hope you will find something that can be of help in your classroom! -Kristen

• Anyone else using iReady this year?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’m looking to add a little more accountability/motivation for my students, so this week we are going to start tracking our usage. My fourth graders will store their sheets in their binders so their data is kept private, then I’ll send it home in our weekly folders so parents can see progress as well.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What do you do for iReady accountability? I would love to hear more ideas!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Please click the link in my profile if you’d like a copy of this sheet for your class (http://bit.ly/ireadysheet).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • This closet!!! It has NEVER been organized in all my years in this classroom!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Honestly, I would pile things in there and slam the door fast, in hopes the pile wouldn’t collapse 😂
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So I FINALLY got some shelving and sorted everything into bins...and I am in heaven.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Now if only all bins were the same color blue...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#imjoking #actuallyimnot #typeateacher #kindoforganized #kindofnot #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456
    • Need a last-minute valentines gift for your class?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Or is it just me who is frantically doing this now? 😂
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
These are some editable coupons I shared years ago on my blog that are perfect for those no-cost presents. I’ve been saving our scholastic points, so everyone is getting a coupon to choose a book for our classroom library tomorrow. 📖❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Please click the link in my profile if you would like a copy! I hope some of you can use them!! (http://bit.ly/EditableValentinesCoupons)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#lastminute #howisitmidfebruary #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Binders, folders, or notebooks?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Over the years I’ve become a binders kind of girl...I tried to go with notebooks again this fall and it wasn’t the same. There’s just something about having everything all in one place.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So in January, I switched back to binders and I’m so glad I did. I use prenumbered tabs which saves A TON of time in setting them up (see the last pic). I try to number the handouts in the bottom corner to match the tab number it belongs in (when I remember to 😉) but really it’s a great exercise in following directions as papers are handed out if I don’t remember to number them.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
My fourth graders LOVE their binders...my students from last year mention them when they come back to visit (it was actually thanks to them I got binders again, since they enjoyed them so much). Next fall, it’ll be binders from the start for us!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Do you like binders, folders, or notebooks? Or a combination?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I received a few questions on how to get the day count on @planbookcom, so I wanted to share it here (it’s super quick!).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you go into the Display settings, you will find a drop down menu under “Date Styling”.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Click the check box next to “show school day counter” and you should be all set!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I have a couple of blog posts about planbook and I’m working in some updated ones to share soon...anything in particular you’d like to see more about?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#teacherplanner #classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know you can add little check boxes to Google Sheets? ✅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’m REALLY trying to get more ahead in my lesson planning so I can have my weekends free...and this little check box tool is helping with just that!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I set up a Sheets doc with each subject area I need to plan for. In the second column, I added the check boxes (you can find them under Insert).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It’s a really nice feature for those little checklists you want to reuse each week! Now back to lesson planning 😬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #lessonplanning #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram