Get the news right in your inbox!

New look for my blog!

January 23, 2011 11 Comments

New look for my blog!

January 23, 2011 11 Comments

I made a new look for the blog! What do you think? I’m still working out some details right now, but I think it’s all set to go.

And…

If you’d like to enter for a free blog makeover with Thistlegirl Designs, please see this previous post and leave a comment! 🙂

ladybugsteacherfiles

All posts

• Kinderpond January 23, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I think it is cute 🙂

• Amanda January 23, 2011 at 11:07 pm

CUTE! I love the color scheme! It's relaxing!

• Katie January 23, 2011 at 11:09 pm

also loving the color scheme!! very cute!
    -Katie @ persnicketypickles.blogspot.com

• Mrs. Nielson January 23, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Cuuuuutttteeee! I love, love, love it!

• Ladybug Teacher January 24, 2011 at 12:06 am

Thanks!! It was so much fun to make!

• Rachelle January 24, 2011 at 12:23 am

LOVE it!!!! I tried for 2 hours to get cute fonts in my title, dates, etc….BUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANNOT MAKE IT WORK! I followed the directions from a blog, but seriously….I was missing something! Any tips???
    -Rachelle

• Mrs. Saoud January 24, 2011 at 12:24 am

Ok…Total Freaking Me Out. Yesterday I tried to make this my background from the lizard pack. Not very successful. During this process, I tried to create my buttons. Again not very successful. Looks great on your page (as I knew it would). Now I keep my fingers crossed I'm randomly selected for your makeover. You are very talented!!! You go girl…

• Carla Patch January 24, 2011 at 12:41 am

Love the new look. I would love to learn how to "redo" my blog.

• Ms.M January 24, 2011 at 1:32 am

Wonderful new look & it matches your classroom color sceme. I'm sure that is what you intended.

• Michelle January 24, 2011 at 2:20 am

Very cute! Love the graphics! 🙂

msmichellesclassroomblog.blogspot.com

• Mrs. Sherry January 24, 2011 at 3:27 am

I would love a chance to win also! This is awesome! Love your blog! Love Thistlegirl Designs! I have used a lot of your ideas in my classroom already! Thanks for all the ideas and posts!

About Me

Welcome to Ladybug's Teacher Files! I started this blog in 2010 as a way to share resources and collaborate with teachers. I hope you will find something that can be of help in your classroom! -Kristen

• Anyone else using iReady this year?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’m looking to add a little more accountability/motivation for my students, so this week we are going to start tracking our usage. My fourth graders will store their sheets in their binders so their data is kept private, then I’ll send it home in our weekly folders so parents can see progress as well.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What do you do for iReady accountability? I would love to hear more ideas!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Please click the link in my profile if you’d like a copy of this sheet for your class (http://bit.ly/ireadysheet).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • This closet!!! It has NEVER been organized in all my years in this classroom!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Honestly, I would pile things in there and slam the door fast, in hopes the pile wouldn’t collapse 😂
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So I FINALLY got some shelving and sorted everything into bins...and I am in heaven.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Now if only all bins were the same color blue...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#imjoking #actuallyimnot #typeateacher #kindoforganized #kindofnot #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456
    • Need a last-minute valentines gift for your class?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Or is it just me who is frantically doing this now? 😂
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
These are some editable coupons I shared years ago on my blog that are perfect for those no-cost presents. I’ve been saving our scholastic points, so everyone is getting a coupon to choose a book for our classroom library tomorrow. 📖❤️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Please click the link in my profile if you would like a copy! I hope some of you can use them!! (http://bit.ly/EditableValentinesCoupons)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#lastminute #howisitmidfebruary #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Binders, folders, or notebooks?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Over the years I’ve become a binders kind of girl...I tried to go with notebooks again this fall and it wasn’t the same. There’s just something about having everything all in one place.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So in January, I switched back to binders and I’m so glad I did. I use prenumbered tabs which saves A TON of time in setting them up (see the last pic). I try to number the handouts in the bottom corner to match the tab number it belongs in (when I remember to 😉) but really it’s a great exercise in following directions as papers are handed out if I don’t remember to number them.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
My fourth graders LOVE their binders...my students from last year mention them when they come back to visit (it was actually thanks to them I got binders again, since they enjoyed them so much). Next fall, it’ll be binders from the start for us!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Do you like binders, folders, or notebooks? Or a combination?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • I received a few questions on how to get the day count on @planbookcom, so I wanted to share it here (it’s super quick!).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If you go into the Display settings, you will find a drop down menu under “Date Styling”.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Click the check box next to “show school day counter” and you should be all set!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I have a couple of blog posts about planbook and I’m working in some updated ones to share soon...anything in particular you’d like to see more about?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#teacherplanner #classroomorganization #classroommanagement #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram
    • Did you know you can add little check boxes to Google Sheets? ✅
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’m REALLY trying to get more ahead in my lesson planning so I can have my weekends free...and this little check box tool is helping with just that!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I set up a Sheets doc with each subject area I need to plan for. In the second column, I added the check boxes (you can find them under Insert).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It’s a really nice feature for those little checklists you want to reuse each week! Now back to lesson planning 😬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#classroommanagement #classroomorganization #lessonplanning #iteachfourth #iteach4th #iteach456 #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram