Supply Organization

December 25, 2010

Supply Organization

December 25, 2010
Our class shares community supplies. I keep these supplies in small baskets from the Dollar Tree (I bought these baskets a few years back). The baskets are stored in an easy-to-access location, by the front entrance to the classroom.
There are four baskets for each type of supply. I put plastic cups inside the baskets to keep the markers, colored pencils, crayons, and scissors standing up. The students keep these pretty organized and I find I only have to replace the colored pencils and crayons a couple of times over the year. I don’t mind this at all.

Please click here to download and customize the blue labels shown on the file drawers above.

It is the markers that I am a maniac about. They are the item I detest replacing the most (way too costly when those back-to-school sales are over!). About two years ago, I found a system that worked perfectly and kept me from having to replace a single marker for the WHOLE YEAR!

It’s actually really simple…all we do is keep two of each color in one of the baskets. The students know the supplies aren’t cleaned up until there are two of each color in the basket. It makes all the difference in keeping track of the markers and it’s been great.

• Rachel @ A Tall Drink of Water March 17, 2011 at 3:06 am

What a wonderful way to organize community supplies!! Do you have the labels to share or purchase?

• Ladybug Teacher March 17, 2011 at 10:57 am

Hi Rachel, thanks! I sent you an email 🙂

• Ms. P March 30, 2011 at 12:43 am

I am just finding your blog and love it! Do you have these great label available?

Mary

• Amanda April 6, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I just discovered your blog and I LOVE it! I would love to see an up-close picture of your scissors basket…

• Anonymous April 9, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I LOVE your blog! Do you have the labels to share? My e-mail is ruskieroo@centurylink.net

Thank so much!

• Mrs. Ibarra June 5, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I love how organized you are! I can't wait to have my own classroom and be able to have so many containers to help me organize. I currently share classrooms with two teachers. I am at a year round school so I have to clean up my room every 2 months =(.

• Kristen June 5, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Thanks Mrs. Ibarra! Wow, that must be really hard to share a room! I can't believe you have to move so often…do you get a break in the summer still?

• Bernice July 1, 2011 at 2:10 am

Love it!
    I would like to have thoese lables of your items. Cryons, pencils… In Words because I have to translated them in French.
    Your the best!
    Thanks

• Kristen July 1, 2011 at 2:12 am

Sorry Bernice, I have to keep those in PDF according to the graphic's license! Thanks for reading 🙂

• Mrs. Peppers July 27, 2011 at 2:42 pm

The link no longer works or it didn't for me…it says that blog is no longer available! Thanks

• Kristen July 27, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Hi Mrs. Peppers, that blog isn't available anymore, sorry!

• Marnie August 18, 2011 at 11:22 am

Hello! I am so excited about discovering your blog. One of my goals is to be better organized this year. We adopted Everyday Math as well. I love your system of organizing the games. Are these labels available for use? if so, will you email me? marniegire@live.com

Thank you so much!

• Jenna April 23, 2012 at 3:26 am

I would love the labels for the markers, ext.! jenmmyer@gmail.com

• Anonymous June 3, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I would love the supply labels as well. Thanks! Love your blog!
    robertson.terry@wintonwoods.org

• PaigeFetters June 4, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Love it! Can you please email these to me??? mspaigejo@yahoo.com

• AnnaMartine July 3, 2012 at 8:59 am

HI, These supply labels are awesome, and big enough for little eyes to see! Do you still have them available through pdf file? email annamartine@yahoo.com
    Thanks for all the great ideas, glad to hear I'm not the only one trying daily 5 and struggling with the timing!

• Erika Lee July 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm

What size labels are the blue labels? I use Avery labels, and would love to use something like this too!

• Kristin July 24, 2012 at 4:16 am

Love these!!! I'm a new teacher and I would love these if it's still possible. My email is kristinspeaks at gmail dot com. Thank you.

• Lisa July 27, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I love these labels! Especially the markers & crayons…very cute idea. My email is bourgault4@live.com, if they are still available. Thanks so much!

• Jennifer August 17, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Would you happen to have editable name plates or desk plates that match the theme for this year? I have been looking everywhere and just decided to ask 🙂

• Kim June 2, 2013 at 3:29 am

Is it possible to get the blue labels made into bright pink or green or both?

• Dani June 7, 2013 at 10:57 pm